Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    TPF Noob!
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    12
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit
    Liked
    0 times

    Plus-X PULL to 80iso

    Hey guys, the Kodak Plus-X info sheet only gives regular development time and 1 or 2 stop push times.

    I am looking to PULL it down to 80 (I have already shot 2 rolls at 80).
    OR at least some kind of math needed to pull 125 to 80. It's like ~1 stop? A little less I think.
    I do believe there should be a % decrease of development time. There SHOULD be some kind of formula?

    Cheers,
    - Matt



  2. #2
    ann
    ann is offline
    TPF Junkie!
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,232
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit
    Liked
    182 times
    well, the rule of thumb is about 15% less;however, many folks just use the standard times for pulling. It depends on how much testing you have done to determine how your equipment is working with the box speeds.

    If this is a seriously critical roll, shoot another and do a clip test.

  3. #3
    TPF Noob!
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    12
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks for the quick reply!

  4. #4
    ann
    ann is offline
    TPF Junkie!
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,232
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit
    Liked
    182 times
    what developer, don't get below 5 minutes or you risk the chance of uneven development

  5. #5
    TPF Noob!
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    12
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey,

    D-76. I usually go 1+1 but if it's shorter than 6 minutes I'll just dilute to 1+3.
    Thanks for the note though

  6. #6
    No longer a newbie, moving up!
    TPF Supporter

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    61
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit
    Liked
    4 times
    I'd go D 76 1:1 for 6 minutes. But that's just me.

  7. #7
    I spend too much of my life on TPF!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ajman - UAE
    Posts
    262
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    3 times
    Use Diafine, it has just almost fixed time, so about 6 minutes or 8 minutes whatever ISO film speed you use.

  8. #8
    TPF Noob!
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    12
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    Use Diafine, it has just almost fixed time, so about 6 minutes or 8 minutes whatever ISO film speed you use.
    No. It's toxic and I'm strongly against it.

    I'm going to do some test rolls in D76 and Rodinal and decide. I have both developers on hand.

  9. #9
    I spend too much of my life on TPF!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ajman - UAE
    Posts
    262
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    3 times
    I have Plus-X waiting for developing, and i will use D-76 as well, i still didn't open that Diafine box yet, but i think i will not push/pull this film, i shot it at normal box speed, so do your test and show us.

  10. #10
    TPF Junkie!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    2,259
    My Gallery
    (0)
    Liked
    194 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MattCReynolds View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    Use Diafine ...
    No. It's toxic and I'm strongly against it.
    I'm going to do some test rolls in D76 and Rodinal ...
    D76 and Rodinal are also toxic. Virtually all commercially available developers
    are. And, so are many household cleaning products and other stuff around the
    house and garage.

  11. #11
    TPF Noob!
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    12
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by compur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MattCReynolds View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    Use Diafine ...
    No. It's toxic and I'm strongly against it.
    I'm going to do some test rolls in D76 and Rodinal ...
    D76 and Rodinal are also toxic. Virtually all commercially available developers
    are. And, so are many household cleaning products and other stuff around the
    house and garage.
    I'm aware. However I use doth my developers 1-shot and Diafine are exceptionally horrible for the environment.

  12. #12
    TPF Junkie!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    2,259
    My Gallery
    (0)
    Liked
    194 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MattCReynolds View Post

    Diafine are exceptionally horrible for the environment.
    Why do you say that?

  13. #13
    I spend too much of my life on TPF!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ajman - UAE
    Posts
    262
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    3 times
    I think he is working in Environment department, so he is so sensitive to Diafine and something similar, in fact i heard that Diafine is harm but less harmful than Rodinal, i could manage to get Diafine online even it was difficult, but Rodinal was impossible to be shipped to me when it was available in the market, there are also another development i can't buy online, so what toxicity or harmful can Diafine do to the environment? Enlighten me so i can avoid it as well.

  14. #14
    ann
    ann is offline
    TPF Junkie!
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,232
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit
    Liked
    182 times
    try zonal pro products they have been invented to be easier on the environment.

  15. #15
    TPF Noob!
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    12
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    I think he is working in Environment department, so he is so sensitive to Diafine and something similar, in fact i heard that Diafine is harm but less harmful than Rodinal, i could manage to get Diafine online even it was difficult, but Rodinal was impossible to be shipped to me when it was available in the market, there are also another development i can't buy online, so what toxicity or harmful can Diafine do to the environment? Enlighten me so i can avoid it as well.
    Hrm. I did some research and it looks like both Metol and Hydroquinone are in fact more toxic than I expected.

    I think what I needed to clarify is concentrations. When you mix a one shot (like D-76 or Rodinal) it is about as harmful as an bathroom cleaner you may use.

    Where as Diafine hardly ever gets dumped because it can last so long.
    Fixer is exceptionally harmful, and gets reused until exhaustion, and thus Diafine may not be as bad as I expressed earlier.

    Sorry for the confusion!

    On another note, Diafine may be useful if you are developing different rolls of film in a big tank, but I think I'm still going to avoid it. The fact that film speed is near negligible is scary! haha.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Pull Up a Pew
    By Chris of Arabia in forum The Black & White Gallery
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-23-2009, 09:12 AM
  2. pull the plug
    By spako in forum General Gallery
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-27-2007, 12:45 PM
  3. Pull over
    By DC Photo bug in forum General Gallery
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-17-2005, 07:51 PM
  4. Pull processing
    By Egomonster in forum Beyond the Basics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-25-2004, 01:19 PM

Search tags for this page

diafine times
,

is diafine toxic

,
kodak plusx diafine
,
plus pull
,
plus x in rodinal
,

pull plus-x

,
pulling 125 px
,

pulling kodak plus-x

,
push processing plus-x in rodinal
,
www.thephotoforum.com 234122-plus-x-pull-80iso
Click on a term to search for related topics.