Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 227
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: "If You Don't Like It, Don't Look!"

  1. #166
    TPF Junkie!
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,672
    My Gallery
    (0)
    Liked
    549 times
    Wow I am late to this party, but I am sure glad I showed up!

    So me being a part of that thread, I couldn't help but notice the back tracking taking place here. It is what it is though.

    No, I don't think the act of breast feeding is wrong, or trashy (although the picture in question was borderline of both).
    I merely couldn't help being perturbed about being told that if you find something wrong or disagree with public breast feeding, you are small minded and ignorant.


    That's pretty much all i have to say being that many have already nailed the point like Compaq and Bitter. Carry on.



  2. #167
    I spend too much of my life on TPF!
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    419
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    38 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MTVision View Post
    That's the most ridiculous thing I've read. Nobody said that you had to like/dislike something before you've ever experienced/seen it.
    "if you don't like it then don't look at it"
    It's all the same as with people who post "if you don't like this song then why'd you open the video?", how the hell are you supposed to magically know whether or not you like something, if it's required that you listen to it or see it or experience it? What that quote suggests is that you should've disliked it BEFORE you listened to it. And when somebody dislikes\likes something without actually knowing what it is, it's called being ignorant and narrow minded.

    You can't control whether or not somebody breastfeeds in public so it's not like you can avoid looking at a woman breastfeeding in public unless you knew beforehand that she was there breastfeeding. 'If you don't like car accidents; avoid them' makes just as much sense as that phrase.

    Either way, this has very little to do with breastfeeding. I don't care for breastfeeding, much like I don't care for politics or abortions. People want to breastfeed I don't care. This has to do with the logic behind the phrase, which to me is nonexistant. You're the one who brought breastfeeding into this.
    Last edited by Crollo; 05-04-2012 at 09:21 PM.
    Do not take my criticism as personal, mean or bullying just because it's blunt.
    If you wish to improve your image, try following my advice. Otherwise, go post your photos on facebook if you want sugar coated praise.

  3. #168
    TPF Noob!
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    21
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    2 times
    Ironically, IMO, men are usually not a problem. Some of my friends who've had problems with criticism about nursing in public -- always been from another woman. Any negative stuff I've gotten (on other subjects) has also only come from women. It's not just BF/NIP, but on just about any aspect of mothering.

  4. #169
    Mr. Rain Cloud
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    28,232
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    9700 times
    So, which breast-feeding mother would like to post a series of full-color photos of herself performing this natural, legally-protected act, and post them here in say, 1200-pixel wide, 240 ppi size so we can all get a good look? I mean, it's such a natural, acceptable, wonderful act, AND a legal right, so...let's see you ardent pro-public-breast feeding sharks post a bunch of pics of you doing it...

    Who's up for this? No blankets, no cloths, no nothing...just nipples (at start and end, maybe some in the middle), slobber, exposed breast, and suckling babies! Yee-haw!

    I'd say, the best shots would be with any lens length from 24 to 70 mm, and with off-camera flash with umbrella lighting, shot in RAW of course. I look forward to a bunch of normal,natural,beautiful, legally-protected photos, with plenty of tiddy showing.
    Ballistics and Crollo like this.
    "It's about time people started taking photography seriously, and treating it as a hobby." Elliott Erwitt

    My most recent photos posted to TPF http://www.pbase.com/derrel/recent_tpf_uploads&page=all

  5. #170
    punch
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by flowness View Post
    Ironically, IMO, men are usually not a problem. Some of my friends who've had problems with criticism about nursing in public -- always been from another woman. Any negative stuff I've gotten (on other subjects) has also only come from women. It's not just BF/NIP, but on just about any aspect of mothering.
    women can be very cruel to other women, especially when it comes to parenting. co-sleeping, disposable vs. cloth, pacifiers, formula vs. breast, to circumcise or not to circumcise, vaccinations, homeschooling... the list is SO endless.

  6. #171
    punch
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derrel View Post
    So, which breast-feeding mother would like to post a series of full-color photos of herself performing this natural, legally-protected act, and post them here in say, 1200-pixel wide, 240 ppi size so we can all get a good look. I mean, it's such a natural, acceptable, wonderful act, so...let's see you post a bunch of pics of you doing it...

    Who's up for this? No blankets, no cloths, no nothing...just nipples, slobber, exposed breast, and suckling babies.

    I'd say, the best shots would be with any lens length from 24 to 70 mm, and with off-camera flash with umbrella lighting, shot in RAW of course. I look forward to a bunch of normal,natural,beautiful, legally-protected photos, with plenty of tiddy showing.
    i'm not sure the point you're trying to make... or why you're requesting it. is it because you think you're calling a bluff, or because you want to have it for your own personal use, or both?

    because i can point you to forums and flickr and blogs that do just that, if you'd like them.

  7. #172
    Mr. Rain Cloud
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    28,232
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    9700 times
    Quote Originally Posted by punch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Derrel View Post
    So, which breast-feeding mother would like to post a series of full-color photos of herself performing this natural, legally-protected act, and post them here in say, 1200-pixel wide, 240 ppi size so we can all get a good look. I mean, it's such a natural, acceptable, wonderful act, so...let's see you post a bunch of pics of you doing it...

    Who's up for this? No blankets, no cloths, no nothing...just nipples, slobber, exposed breast, and suckling babies.

    I'd say, the best shots would be with any lens length from 24 to 70 mm, and with off-camera flash with umbrella lighting, shot in RAW of course. I look forward to a bunch of normal,natural,beautiful, legally-protected photos, with plenty of tiddy showing.
    i'm not sure the point you're trying to make... or why you're requesting it. is it because you think you're calling a bluff, or because you want to have it for your own personal use, or both?

    because i can point you to forums and flickr and blogs that do just that, if you'd like them.
    Nice try, but weak sauce punch...

    Let's see you strident women put a little skin in the game, so to speak. Or, just shut up...'cause we all know, talk is cheap...and so are your insults...try a little harder to use your intellect rather than resorting to allegations of pervishness. Okay? Act like a grownup. Not a girl.
    Crollo likes this.
    "It's about time people started taking photography seriously, and treating it as a hobby." Elliott Erwitt

    My most recent photos posted to TPF http://www.pbase.com/derrel/recent_tpf_uploads&page=all

  8. #173
    punch
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derrel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by punch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Derrel View Post
    So, which breast-feeding mother would like to post a series of full-color photos of herself performing this natural, legally-protected act, and post them here in say, 1200-pixel wide, 240 ppi size so we can all get a good look. I mean, it's such a natural, acceptable, wonderful act, so...let's see you post a bunch of pics of you doing it...

    Who's up for this? No blankets, no cloths, no nothing...just nipples, slobber, exposed breast, and suckling babies.

    I'd say, the best shots would be with any lens length from 24 to 70 mm, and with off-camera flash with umbrella lighting, shot in RAW of course. I look forward to a bunch of normal,natural,beautiful, legally-protected photos, with plenty of tiddy showing.
    i'm not sure the point you're trying to make... or why you're requesting it. is it because you think you're calling a bluff, or because you want to have it for your own personal use, or both?

    because i can point you to forums and flickr and blogs that do just that, if you'd like them.
    Nice try, but weak sauce punch...

    Let's see you strident women put a little skin in the game, so to speak. Or, just shut up...
    that's extremely offensive.

    no one here has made the point that they want to be viewed while nursing, simply that it shouldn't offend you if you happen to glimpse it. that's been the whole point all along.

    i am really surprised at you, derrel... to be honest. your post was really sh!tty.
    paigew likes this.

  9. #174
    I spend too much of my life on TPF!
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    419
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    38 times
    Quote Originally Posted by punch View Post
    it shouldn't offend you if you happen to glimpse it.
    Damn looks like I'm gonna be walking downtown nude this Saturday, and if people don't like it, "don't look".
    Do not take my criticism as personal, mean or bullying just because it's blunt.
    If you wish to improve your image, try following my advice. Otherwise, go post your photos on facebook if you want sugar coated praise.

  10. #175
    TPF Junkie!
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA (RB)
    Posts
    3,034
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit
    Liked
    163 times
    Quote Originally Posted by punch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominantly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by punch View Post

    50mm is a boring focal length. when i say that, i mean that you're a fauxtographer and you're not ready to go pro. stop charging. and why don't you ever listen to my C&C?
    I disagree. You should go pro.
    my friend asked me to do a wedding. any tips? i've never actually used an SLR. she KNOWS what she's getting, it'll be fine.
    First, make sure to shoot in P-Professional mode. Next, if you buy some aluminum foil and shape it around the pop up flash so it directs it up, it'll produce great light and people will love to look at it.

  11. #176
    punch
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Crollo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by punch View Post
    it shouldn't offend you if you happen to glimpse it.
    Damn looks like I'm gonna be breaking out the speedo this Saturday, and if people don't like it, "don't look".
    yea... we won't.

  12. #177
    TPF Junkie!
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,672
    My Gallery
    (0)
    Liked
    549 times
    So "Don't like it? Then don't look" vs "Can I watch then?". Seems like an even match lol.

  13. #178
    punch
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistics View Post
    So "Don't like it? Then don't look" vs "Can I watch then?". Seems like an even match lol.
    try it. you're underestimating the violence a new mom can unleash.

  14. #179
    I spend too much of my life on TPF!
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    419
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    38 times
    Quote Originally Posted by punch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crollo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by punch View Post
    it shouldn't offend you if you happen to glimpse it.
    Damn looks like I'm gonna be breaking out the speedo this Saturday, and if people don't like it, "don't look".
    yea... we won't.
    I know some people won't but why do they have to look if they don't like it?
    Do not take my criticism as personal, mean or bullying just because it's blunt.
    If you wish to improve your image, try following my advice. Otherwise, go post your photos on facebook if you want sugar coated praise.

  15. #180
    TPF Noob!
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    21
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    2 times
    Derrell, I have lots of pix. Problem is, none of them meet your criteria. Mine all look like an actual mom & baby just doing their thing, which is to say - "nothing to see here".

 

 
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Does her skin appear "faek", "over-processed", or "plastic"?
    By 2WheelPhoto in forum Just For Fun!
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-15-2012, 09:08 PM
  2. "1st colors of spring", "Reaching out", "Dirty View"
    By MM Turner in forum General Gallery
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-15-2008, 02:51 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-18-2007, 11:43 AM

Search tags for this page

don't like it don't look
,
if you don't like it don't look
,

seeingmothersbreastfeeding

,
west virginia don't like it don't look
,
what happens when you cross someone's line
Click on a term to search for related topics.