Thread: Asking for a favor!!!!!!!!

Banned
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    338 times
    lolz.

I put up my picture too. I want to test my theory that a bad picture can get a lot of votes. So go vote for mine too. Titled "Candid in Red". Click Vote at the top and search for my picture (not my photograph...as I did not upload a photograph).

Contest // Behind the Shutter

TPF Junkie!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    2174 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ptkc1797 View Post
    Wrong with what and mishele you probably can't even take pictures!!!!!
    Well, that's one way of "winning" friends and influencing people. If you've taken the time to browse this forum you'd learn that the people who responded to your request actually know a thing or two about photography and artistry.

And if you want to get people to support you, it is probably a good idea to establish some rapport with the group you're asking for support. Your approach isn't it. So good luck with your efforts.
    Photographic bon-mot:
    Put the important things in important places
    Compose to minimize dead space and things that distract from the center of interest - the important things
    Process to minimize faults and maximize good points.
    by Lew Lorton, aka The_Traveller.
    My (non-photographic) work: http://consulting.prsroofing.ca

Banned
    My Gallery
    (0)
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ptkc1797
    I entered my picture in a contest and i didn't know if you guy could help me get more votes is. Anything you can do will be great thanks
    heres the link just click on contest then vote my picture is called golden gates
    Thanks Cameron Thanks in advance for the votes the website is
    Contest // Behind the Shutter
    Um um um um HOW BOUT NOOOOOOO

Banned
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    369 times
    I doubt if they will be back, but I have notified ShutterMag including the post by Cameron. If its not against the rules, no fowl. But if it is they just screwed themselves. Unfortunately the method they are getting their votes has them in first place. The prize is $4000. Pity if they win. It wouldnt be so bad if they really felt they had the best pic and just asked people to enter the site and vote for their best pic. But to ask people to enter and vote for them is just wrong.

Where's the Bacon?!?
    TPF Supporter

My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    3433 times
    Wow. Just. Wow.

I assure you that mishele could take a better "picture" than you with her eyes closed! In fact, I'm pretty sure that's how she TAKES those flower pics... (kidding, mish!)

I would say that insulting a highly-esteemed member of the forum, after coming here to basically beg for votes, isn't really a good way to get ANY of us to go vote for your picture. But the truth is, none of us are likely to be interested in voting for your photo anyway. It's really not what this forum is about.

You want to win a popularity contest for photos? Go to Facebook and beg for votes!

TPF Junkie!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    958 times
    I have a rule about this... I absolutely never vote for someone because they asked me to vote for them. If I did vote for someone because they asked for a vote then the contest turns into "who can find the most friends" and NOT "who took the best photograph". If I wander over to your website and you truly did take the best image, you'll get my vote. But if I wonder over and someone else took what I consider to be the best image, then that'll just be one more vote against you.

Knowing that, are you so confident that you're image is the best that you still want me to go check out those images?

As it is a photography contest, the winner should rightfully be the person who produced the best photograph -- which probably will be the person who has worked the hardest, learned the skills, and invested the most effort to capture the image.
    mishele and pgriz like this.
    Tim Campbell

Banned
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    338 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
    I doubt if they will be back, but I have notified ShutterMag including the post by Cameron. If its not against the rules, no fowl. But if it is they just screwed themselves. Unfortunately the method they are getting their votes has them in first place. The prize is $4000. Pity if they win. It wouldnt be so bad if they really felt they had the best pic and just asked people to enter the site and vote for their best pic. But to ask people to enter and vote for them is just wrong.
    That's why many of those contests are crap, because people solicit votes, especially on facebook. The leader has 240 votes. Easily obtained if you have a chit ton of friends on your facebook.

TPF Junkie!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    4994 times

mishele likes this.

TPF Junkie!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit
    Liked
    2055 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TCampbell View Post
    I have a rule about this... I absolutely never vote for someone because they asked me to vote for them. If I did vote for someone because they asked for a vote then the contest turns into "who can find the most friends" and NOT "who took the best photograph". If I wander over to your website and you truly did take the best image, you'll get my vote. But if I wonder over and someone else took what I consider to be the best image, then that'll just be one more vote against you.

Knowing that, are you so confident that you're image is the best that you still want me to go check out those images?

As it is a photography contest, the winner should rightfully be the person who produced the best photograph -- which probably will be the person who has worked the hardest, learned the skills, and invested the most effort to capture the image.
    Agreed.

I went to the web site, but to keep things honest I voted for the one I liked best. Sorry, it wasn't yours.
    ChrisedwardsHT likes this.
    Scott Craig - Nashville, TN - Nikon D7100, D7000, D90, D60
    My web site: Tennessee in Photographs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ads