Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Where in the world would you go to photograph?

TPF Junkie!
    My Gallery
    (2)
    My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit
    Liked
    1645 times
    fortunate enough to have had short visits to Vietnam and Cambodia....I'd love to visit Indonesia, Guatemala, Peru, India, or at least parts of those countries

Nothing gets me higher than ancient historical architecture

TPF Junkie!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    Liked
    230 times
    I am drawn to everywhere for that precise reason. I really want to shoot everything. I want to shoot the people for the culture, the historical places for the history, and the nature. But the more I think about it over these past few weeks, I'm really leaning toward someplace more nature-envolved. Animals (birds, etc) and landscapes. That's what I enjoy the most. I could definitely be happy lugging around a 600/4 or 200-400/4, 11-16/2.8, and 180/2.8 Macro with all the fixin's through the jungle or tundra, breaking myself for a shot of a rare animal or beautiful landscape. I've always been naturally-involved, and I'd really like this to continue. If that's a little wordy or incoherent, I'd be glad to reword.

Mark
    NIKON: D800 || D3200IR || 50mm F/1.8G || 80-200mm F/2.8D || 300mm F/4.0 AF-s
    SIGMA: 85mm F/1.4 || 180mm F/3.5 Macro
    TOKINA: 16-28mm F/2.8

**Photography Facebook Page**

The Journey of One Lens Across the USA - Round 2

TPF Junkie!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    285 times
    Well you should know with a list like that you cant go wrong. and can always go to the next place next year.

TPF Junkie!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    Liked
    230 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardKing View Post
    Just saw the list, but you're missing the european countries...
    Sorry about that. It's fixed.

Mark

TPF Junkie!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    Liked
    230 times
    I could technically go to three places in one year, but I feel the family would be a little neglected, and I would get massively homesick and overswamped with photos. I'm really conflicted about all of this. I am meeting with the advisor in about a month, so I should at least get it ironed out to roughly 3-5 places by then.

Mark

TPF Junkie!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    Liked
    322 times
    Our daugter spent 1.5 years studying abroad....Rome, Paris, Dublin and then Rome again with Amsterdam and few other side trips in the mix. God Save Skype. I swear I communicated more with her on Skype than in regular life when here in the states. We did miss her home here at Thanksgiving and that was hard...but we did have Skype for dinner.
    LizardKing likes this.
    My Edits are NOT OK to EDIT

Lina Lamont: I am an arteest....

TPF Junkie!
    My Gallery
    (2)
    Liked
    1645 times
    draw straws. No matter where it will be all good

TPF Junkie!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    Liked
    230 times
    I don't want to do that. I want to enjoy the place I will be going to, and photographing. . I'm sure I would enjoy them all, like you say, but I think I'm really looking for a place with good wildlife opportunities (forests, temperate or tropical), or at least good landscapes (like you would figure Ireland, Scotland, and Iceland would).

Mark

TPF Junkie!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    579 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Markw View Post
    I don't want to do that. I want to enjoy the place I will be going to, and photographing. . I'm sure I would enjoy them all, like you say, but I think I'm really looking for a place with good wildlife opportunities (forests, temperate or tropical), or at least good landscapes (like you would figure Ireland, Scotland, and Iceland would).

Mark
    FWIW, Europe isn't all that big and they have a pretty decent train system. If you pick something centrally located, there is a good chance you could travel pretty cheaply on the weakends and see a lot of what you want to see.

You may be limiting yourself too much by assuming you are going to be stuck in one location.
    The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health or strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.

--George

I spend too much of my life on TPF!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    37 times
    Hmmm - I was in Scotland in June and there are some fantastic landscapes to be shot there. Absolutely astounding scenery they have - to the point where I would leave everything and move there if I could find a job. We are planning Ireland for next year and expect more wonderful shots. On my list of places I'd like to hit to photograph I would include:

Borneo (not sure if you can get there but I'd certainly have it on the list)
    The Patagonia region of S. America
    New Zealand
    I know it's not that far abroad but Canada has some fantastic landscape and wildlife as well
    Finland/Sweden/Norway
    There are many places I'd go in Africa but the problem there is the danger you face and picking a good spot
    Europe, as Kerbouchard said, is easy to navigate around if you have the financial means to do so
    Last edited by Infinite_Day; 09-30-2011 at 11:29 AM.
    You can call me Jim.

Nikon D7000 : 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 VR DX : 50mm f/1.8D : 300mm f/4 AF-S w/Kenko 1.4 Teleplus Pro 300 DGX : Tamron 90mm f/2.8 macro : Meike battery grip (to be replaced with Nikon) w/ second EN-EL15
    ---
    Nikon D50 backup body : 28-80mm kit lens

TPF Junkie!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    Liked
    370 times
    Try Bhutan.

TPF Noob!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    0 times
    You should check out the Inishowen peninsula in Ireland. It's extremely scenic and its right next door to the UK city of Culture: Derry. Inishowen is perfect for landscape photography, the people are extremely welcoming also. Well worth checking out!

TPF Junkie!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    1981 times
    Cross off Ireland unless you go to Northern Ireland much better than Southern and the people are friendlier, Scotland is fantastic for landscapes, i go there for motorbiking great back lanes
    The only places i would go to shoot in Southern Ireland would be Lahinch for surfing shots and up North West and Connamara
    Last edited by gsgary; 09-30-2011 at 09:27 AM.

TPF Junkie!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    Liked
    230 times
    Thanks everyone. I'll take all of that into consideration. I've also found this program:

Home

That I'm thinking about going to next summer. I haven't decided yet, but I think it would be a great opportunity, and, since it would be just about free on my end, one I shouldn't pass up on.

Mark

TPF Noob!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    Liked
    1 times
    Since I now have a nicer camera than I did when I went to Hawaii, i would love to go back. I went into the rainforest's and was sad I didn't bring my real camera.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ads