Been spending a lot of time on here!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    0 times

ML-L3 IR release?

Curious about this for my D40 - a good buy? Am I correct in saying that this is the only remote shutter release for the D40 (meaning that it can't take a cable release?)

They're on eBay for 20$. And there's a knockoff one for about 3$ with free shipping. I think I'd spring the extra 17$ though. I just don't trust a listing with grammar of a fourth grader.

Also, down the road, I'm looking to get a D90 - this works with that, correct?

Thanks as always!

CWN
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit
    Liked
    0 times
    I have 3 of the $5/shipped remotes because they work so well with the d40 and D90, they're so inexpensive I just got one for each camera case.
    We're lucky to have chosen such a wonderful hobby/profession, aren't we? If you question this, just remember why you have a camera in the first place.
    May the magic of your first photographs spark your desire and encourage you to have fun again.

TPF Noob!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    Liked
    0 times
    I also have to throw in a vote on how great the $3 remotes are, you really can't go wrong with it (unless you hate money...specifically the $17 that would go to the other remote).
    Allyn Fetherolf Photography
    www.allynfetherolf.com

TPF Junkie!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    Liked
    1 times
    I have the nikon brand remote and have to say i have no problems except that you have to be pointing the remote at the front of the camera. Besides that all is good.

My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    0 times
    Cool. I'm thinking that a piece of aluminum tape angled just right could fix the 'having the point at the front' problem.

Remote purchased!

I spend too much of my life on TPF!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    0 times
    I don't use my ML-L3 anymore, I've had nothing but bad luck with it. I had to point it exactly at the right spot on the camera or it didn't work. Most of the time I just gave up and used the timer because it was so darn picky.

I bought a wired remote instead, the Satechi TR-G. The control unit doesn't look like the one pictured though, it's like the TR-B. Works every time, no matter which way I'm facing. Plus it's got a built-in intervalometer which makes long exposures a breeze--no more watching the second hand. Just dial in the seconds or minutes (or hours) and press the button.

They have intervalometers for lots of bodies: Satechi :: Camera Accessories- Wireless Shutters, Remote Timer Shutters, Battery Grips, Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, Olympus
    Dennis Hilberg, Jr.

TPF Junkie!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    Liked
    0 times
    I like my Nikon IR just fine, never had a problem with it, when using it like it is meant to be used.
    Been into Photography since 1969.

Current Digital equipment ~

Nikon D80, D40, Nikon 18-55mm non-VR, Nikon 55-200mm VR, Sigma 18-50mm constant f/2.8 HSM Macro, Nikkor AF 35mm f/2, Nikkor AF 50mm f/1.8, Nikkor AF 35-105mm f/3.3-4.5 Macro, tons of filters, several flash heads and tripods. My favorite camera bags are the Tamrac 610 and 612.

Ads