TPF Junkie!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    128 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtwinky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekSalem View Post

Actually, Wal-Mart is not like the pharmacy companies (CVS, Walgreens, etc...). They use $100,000 Fuji printers in all Wal-Mart locations which is on par with most of the professional printing companies. Nothing wrong with getting prints at Wal-Mart but if you had problems you should complain about it...they should give you a refund and offer to print out more after a calibration.
    Good comment.

I did complain, I did get a refund and a voucher for free prints. They said they would look into their machine calibration, came back a month later, same crap.

Might just be a local walmart issue, but I've heard similar stories from walmarts in and around Montreal. If the situation is different in your area, great! But in mine, its crap so I dont use them, whether its a 4x6 or 8x12
    Same thing's happened with me before. Walmart=Crap.

TPF Noob!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit
    Liked
    0 times
    Ive used walmart several times for my own use the kids pictures or holidays with family, i've done 4x6, 5x7 and 8x10 the color was always crappy, or there were dark spots, the last time i went is the only time they have given me a refund they said it was their paper that was bad. Walgreens same thing they are good at 4x6 for my scrapbooking for my kids but other than that i don't like their paper. I've heard of mpix and i checked out the website it looks pretty good, they have alot of different sizes and you can get your business name printed on the back for free! I have no local labs around here, in crossville there is only 2 other studios besdies walmart picture me studios, that do photography around here. One is for weddings and the other specializes in newborn photography... i send just a normal picture to mpix and ordered an 8x10 to see how their quality is, if i like it i will continue to use them, thanks so much guys!

TPF Noob!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    Liked
    0 times
    Pharmacies aren't the best place to print your photos I suppose. I usually use online photo printer companies. If you want to print your photos onto canvas prints, Photo Canvas does amazing one's!

TPF Junkie!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    Liked
    300 times
    Ive been really happy with costco.
    For the price and quality they are hard to beat and to top it off, the tech who works at the one im going know his stuff so its a plus.

I spend too much of my life on TPF!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    9 times
    I also use Mpix.com and i love them. They have a quick turn around. Usually from placing order to having them in hand is about 3-5 days. I am very happy with them.
    Canon 5D Mark II
    Canon 24-105 f/4L IS lens
    Canon 100-400 f/1:4.5 - 5.6 IS
    Canon 17-40mm f/4
    Canon 8-15mm F/4

TPF Junkie!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    44 times
    i use a vendor in boston that we use to print our brochures, reports, proposals etc...
    we spend so much money on business documents there every year, they are always giving us really cheap rates for personal stuff. last run i did was 12x14 on silk stock for $2.50 a pop.
    Gripped D90 | D1x | D1H | Gripped D40 | 50 1.8 | 18-55 | 55-200 | 55-200VR | 18-70 | 80-205 | 28-80 | SB-600 | Cactus V4s | quantaray pz-1 dsz | love for photography

.:. http://www.modelmayhem.com/1364912 .:. http://reactwithin.tumblr.com/

No longer a newbie, moving up!
    My Gallery
    (5)
    Liked
    0 times
    been using mpix.com, only downfall(if you even want to call it that) is if someone only wants like one large print it is still 5.95 shipping, or if you want 50 of them it stays the same but the shipping is SUPER fast and quality is great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ads