TPF Supporter

My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    193 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chuasam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Totenkopf View Post
    Getting good or great pictures from there camera should be what they strive for. Its like training with leg weights, once you take them off you are faster.
    Oh for sure! I think that noone who hasn't been shooting for 5 years at least should be allowed to use Photoshop.
    If anything, becoming a serious Photoshop user has improved my photography because as much as I love Photoshop, I'm there to make new things, not fix past mistakes.
    I kind of did it the other way around...
    I've been using Photoshop for about 5 years before I started photography. :P
    Nikon D800 + MB-D12 | Nikon D7000 + MB-D11 | Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G | Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 OS | DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G | Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D | Sigma 1.4 TC

My photography blog: http://www.RvAntwerpen.com

No longer a newbie, moving up!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    4 times
    yeah I've been using photoshop for years and just got into photography in the last month

My view is that lazy people will be lazy, regardless of the tools available to them. If it wasn't photoshop, they'd look for shortcuts to lighting, composition, etc.. or they just wouldn't bother at all. Photoshop/post processing is definitely an important tool and always will be until the world becomes flawlessly photogenic. Unfortunately as much as you can control light with flashes/strobes/whatever you're using, you can't move mountains and sometimes the shot you want just isn't possible without a little editing. I took a decent shot of some old cars in a field except for the powerline that ran right above them. I can't move the powerline and any angle that avoided it would be a terrible shot but I can edit it out in photoshop in a matter of seconds.

Also, as far as editing rather than going back and redoing the shot, that's fine if it's an option, but often times, it just isn't.

TPF Junkie!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    265 times
    I try to get it right as much as possible the first time, but I'll do what I need to do in PP to get the results as close to as what I envisioned.I hate it when I have a complete photo fail and someone says "well you'll just fix it photoshop" To me, photoshop is about enhancing/tweaking what is in front of me, but I still have to have something to work with in the first place in order to create something successful in photoshop.
    Call me Angel! My Flickr http://flic.kr/ps/23AnwA

I spend too much of my life on TPF!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit
    Liked
    12 times
    Yeah I'm not a pro at all. But reading pro talking just make noob lose confidence on them self sometimes. After seen many backstage videos on pro photographers I don't feel as bad. One skill you need to develop is how to select the winners. Lol they come back with 300 shots to publish 5. Lol

I keep watching and reading because I do want to get as much right in the camera.
    blackrose89 likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Ads