Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Where is my lens????

TPF Junkie!
    My Gallery
    (28)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    1384 times
    I've had nothing but trouble with amazon ordering camera gear. I won't do it. Period. At one point last year they had almost $6000 tied up out of my checking account for about 2 weeks because I was trying to order thru them. I still ended up ordering thru Adorama after that.
    Canon FanGirl Extraordinaire

TPF Junkie!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    2083 times
    I had the same problem with Amazon. Took them forever. Then I logged in and chat with customer service. A gentleman from India name Surya (yes.. i was just making an assumption he is from India ). He said he was sorry and changed it to next day shipping. I got it the next day. Go to amazon now and chat with customer service!
    luvmyfamily likes this.
    USAGANI.COM - FACEBOOK
    5D3, 5D2, 15mm f/2.8 fisheye, 24-70 f/2.8L II, 35 f/1.4L, 50 f/1.4, Minolta 58 f/1.2, Tamron 90 f/2.8 macro, 135 f/2L
    Fuji x100s

TPF Junkie!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    526 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwettylens
    I had the same problem with Amazon. Took them forever. Then I logged in and chat with customer service. A gentleman from India name Surya (yes.. i was just making an assumption he is from India ). He said he was sorry and changed it to next day shipping. I got it the next day. Go to amazon now and chat with customer service!
    I've only had one issue with them and they solved it right off. I ordered a flash and it never showed up - the tracker said it had been delivered so I called Amazon. They sent another one out and it was at my house the next day.

Adorama is usually pretty quick even when you buy through Amazon.
    Megan

I spend too much of my life on TPF!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    70 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MLeeK View Post
    I've had nothing but trouble with amazon ordering camera gear. I won't do it. Period. At one point last year they had almost $6000 tied up out of my checking account for about 2 weeks because I was trying to order thru them. I still ended up ordering thru Adorama after that.
    Yeah, this was my first time ordering camera gear from amazon. B&H is awesome, haven't ordered from Adorama yet. Order said it shipped day after I placed it. USPS shows nothing on tracking.

TPF Junkie!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    2083 times
    USAGANI.COM - FACEBOOK
    5D3, 5D2, 15mm f/2.8 fisheye, 24-70 f/2.8L II, 35 f/1.4L, 50 f/1.4, Minolta 58 f/1.2, Tamron 90 f/2.8 macro, 135 f/2L
    Fuji x100s

TPF Junkie!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit
    Liked
    2725 times
    Quote Originally Posted by o hey tyler View Post
    The other person I know (Also a Forum go-er) had an expected delivery date of Feb 28 - MARCH 20TH!!! And the lens was in stock!
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwettylens View Post
    There's the guy! Thank goodness for Surya.
    Click above to visit my new site
    Maine Wedding and Portrait Photographer

I spend too much of my life on TPF!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    74 times
    USPS Priority does not have tracking. They have "Delivery Confirmation", which can act as tracking if the stations it passes through scan, and upload it, a lot fo them do not as it gets sorted, and put on a truck. When it hits your local sorting facility it will get scanned as arrived and sent to your local station, then they will scan it in, and out for delivery, and then once the post person delivers it, they will scan it as such, BUT, it only means that they delivered it, not necessarily that it was delivered to you.

TPF Junkie!
    TPF Supporter

My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    366 times
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyfamily

I received an email that my items had shipped. Backed up? This isn't Christmas time.
    That's what I was told by the person from one of the online stores selling on amazon.

TPF Junkie!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    526 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xj0hnx
    USPS Priority does not have tracking. They have "Delivery Confirmation", which can act as tracking if the stations it passes through scan, and upload it, a lot fo them do not as it gets sorted, and put on a truck. When it hits your local sorting facility it will get scanned as arrived and sent to your local station, then they will scan it in, and out for delivery, and then once the post person delivers it, they will scan it as such, BUT, it only means that they delivered it, not necessarily that it was delivered to you.
    Im pretty sure they have normal tracking as well - it just depends on how you mail it. I just bought a lens from a forum member and it was shipped through USPS and i was able to track it from when it shipped to when it was delivered
    Megan

KmH
    Helping photographers learn to fish
    TPF Supporter

My Gallery
    (1)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    3897 times
    Quote Originally Posted by analog.universe View Post
    You're right, just go to B&H next time!

It's never taken longer than overnight for me to get something from them, and I've never paid for a shipping upgrade.
    It would take several days longer if you lived in California.
    . . . . . . Keith . . . . . . .How Do I Use My Digital SLR?...
    Effort equals results - Roger Penske

TPF Junkie!
    TPF Supporter

My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit
    Liked
    4383 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MTVision View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xj0hnx
    Im pretty sure they have normal tracking as well - it just depends on how you mail it. I just bought a lens from a forum member and it was shipped through USPS and i was able to track it from when it shipped to when it was delivered
    You have to pay extra for that! All my amazon stuff is through Fedex and UPS (at least the expensive stuff.. like lenses)... that might be why I haven't had issues. USPS is a bit flaky at times.. and I would never order anything shipped USPS that I needed on a timely basis!

TPF Junkie!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    330 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KmH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by analog.universe View Post
    You're right, just go to B&H next time!

It's never taken longer than overnight for me to get something from them, and I've never paid for a shipping upgrade.
    It would take several days longer if you lived in California.
    Certainly the truth.

It's still evidence of how good they are about getting the stuff out the door however.
    60d, Tokina 11-16 2.8, Canon 24 1.4L II, Zeiss 35 1.4 Distagon, Zeiss 50 2.0 Makro-Planar, Canon 85 1.8, Yashica DX 135 2.8, flashy stuff, filtery stuff

TPF Junkie!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    526 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cgipson1

You have to pay extra for that! All my amazon stuff is through Fedex and UPS (at least the expensive stuff.. like lenses)... that might be why I haven't had issues. USPS is a bit flaky at times.. and I would never order anything shipped USPS that I needed on a timely basis!
    Figured it cost more to get tracking

I ordered a Halloween costume for my daughter from Amazon - but it wasn't fulfilled by Amazon. Anyways I paid for shipping when I bought the costume. Well it had been almost 2 weeks and it was the Friday before Halloween when I found out my package had been sitting at the post office. The company that was selling the costume through Amazon didn't weigh the package for shipping so I owed more money which is why they wouldn't deliver it. The post office didn't even try to deliver it. They just saw that shipping hadn't been paid and held on to it!
    Megan

TPF Junkie!
    TPF Supporter

My Gallery
    (23)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    208 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xj0hnx View Post
    USPS inhales briskly! I cringe every time I'm sent a package using their services because I know it will take forever to get to me.
    just gone...

No longer a newbie, moving up!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MTVision View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cgipson1

Figured it cost more to get tracking

I ordered a Halloween costume for my daughter from Amazon - but it wasn't fulfilled by Amazon. Anyways I paid for shipping when I bought the costume. Well it had been almost 2 weeks and it was the Friday before Halloween when I found out my package had been sitting at the post office. The company that was selling the costume through Amazon didn't weigh the package for shipping so I owed more money which is why they wouldn't deliver it. The post office didn't even try to deliver it. They just saw that shipping hadn't been paid and held on to it!
    I would be slightly upset, that's for sure.
    The two most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ads