TPF Noob!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    0 times

wink Quadcopter for shooting photos from the air

Hello everyone!I wanted to start out a new topic about aerial photography and making videos from the air.There is the new so called "Quadcopter" from Parrot called Ar. Drone.Basically It's an RC helicopter that is a little different looking(pretty awesome to me),and that s not controled by a RC remote,it is controled by your iPad,iPhone or iPod touch! It has two cameras that transmit video that the Drone is seeing,to your device from where you control it..I wanted to post pictures of it,but i cant right now so if your interested,you'll have to search it on the web.Its really easy to find..I know you can't mount a Canon eos on it,but yu can mount some lightweight cameras like GoPro HD,some canon pocket cameras,maybe a mobile phone with a good image quality..So if anyone has an experience with the Parrot Ar.Drone,or even heard anything about it,i would really apreciate you to help me out with the decision of buying it or not..I dont want to waste my money,and I dont earn 300 dollars every day,wich is the actuall price of the Drone.

TPF Junkie!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    380 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberPhotography View Post
    Hello everyone!I wanted to start out a new topic about aerial photography and making videos from the air.There is the new so called "Quadcopter" from Parrot called Ar. Drone.Basically It's an RC helicopter that is a little different looking(pretty awesome to me),and that s not controled by a RC remote,it is controled by your iPad,iPhone or iPod touch! It has two cameras that transmit video that the Drone is seeing,to your device from where you control it..I wanted to post pictures of it,but i cant right now so if your interested,you'll have to search it on the web.Its really easy to find..I know you can't mount a Canon eos on it,but yu can mount some lightweight cameras like GoPro HD,some canon pocket cameras,maybe a mobile phone with a good image quality..So if anyone has an experience with the Parrot Ar.Drone,or even heard anything about it,i would really apreciate you to help me out with the decision of buying it or not..I dont want to waste my money,and I dont earn 300 dollars every day,wich is the actuall price of the Drone.
    Download firefox - it has spellcheck built in :l
    TEVwww.trevorwillphoto.com
    Gosh, I thought Exposure Compensation was like Title IX, or the Equal Rights Act....you know, designed as a way to make up for wrongs of the past, and to give disadvantaged exposures compensation for the past history of under-exposures, inflated ISO ratings, and deliberate and willful over-exposures in the face of sidelighting...huh....guess not...we love ya tevo...

Been spending a lot of time on here!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit
    Liked
    21 times
    the ar drone is great, you can see one here flying around the top of the eiffel tower (photoshopped ofc). Eiffel Tower - Gigapixel Photo , go full screen and zoom in around the top of the gigapixel photo. however it will not lift much. No way you are going to manage to lift a DSLR. Maybe a point and shoot, but a small one.

Banned
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    369 times
    Wow that is quite the shots of Paris locations. You can actually zoom in and see that 4 prop flying gyzmo up quite high.

Been spending a lot of time on here!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit
    Liked
    21 times
    from memory it is about 200 photos @200mm on a 1d4, all sticthed together to create the gigapixel photo. a fun hobby but a lot of effort.....

TPF Noob!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm from an other country,so my iPad is correcting me in my own laungage!-.-

TPF Junkie!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    380 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberPhotography View Post
    I'm from an other country,so my iPad is correcting me in my own laungage!-.-

Oh! Lol sorry :3
    TEVwww.trevorwillphoto.com
    Gosh, I thought Exposure Compensation was like Title IX, or the Equal Rights Act....you know, designed as a way to make up for wrongs of the past, and to give disadvantaged exposures compensation for the past history of under-exposures, inflated ISO ratings, and deliberate and willful over-exposures in the face of sidelighting...huh....guess not...we love ya tevo...

TPF Noob!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Liked
    0 times
    Its okay

Ads