06/02/2005 - Stroll in the country

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by laudrup, Feb 6, 2005.

1. laudrup

laudrup TPF Noob!

I went on a trek with some friends today. I managed to capture about 140 shots and have just started sifting through. I've put a couple up as a starter and once I've sifted through I'll post the one I like most.

I'm still getting to grips with composition and learning what does and doesn't work.

let me know what you think and as usual any feedback or advice appreciated

Cheers

Laudrup

Arch: I tried to use the bridge, rocks & Arch to frame the shot, but not sure if it's a bit too busy

[​IMG]

Arch 2: Tried a similar shot with just rocks & arch

[​IMG]

Arcg 3: I think that the branches may obscure the shot too much, I wanted to keep my friend in the shot to give an idea of scale

[​IMG]

Branch: I thought this branch was pretty interesting and could frame the detail of the bridge, think it might be a bit too green

[​IMG]

Mist: I felt these branches would guide your eye along the river and up to the mist that was beginning to descend

[​IMG]

Flow: I was able to balance on some rocks and catch the flow of this brook head on

[​IMG]

Leaf: I loved the colours on this leaf and the greens in the surround foliage, I had to use the flash to light up the shot and may have got some glare

[​IMG]

Stump: The colour of this wet tree stump was amazing

[​IMG]

Walkers: I shot my frinds walking past this rockface, there were some great colour and the figure give a good sense of scale

[​IMG]

2. Andrea K

Andrea K TPF Noob!

the sixth one is my favorite :thumbup:

also, i noticed that some of the pictures were slightly out of focus (i.e. the stump pic, the ground is in focus and the actual stump top is not) just something to watch out for, you were probably too close to the stump in that pic

3. Nytmair

Nytmair TPF Noob!

also, those pics are HUUUUGE. try resizing them to about 800x600 or so. I can't see the whole pic without scrolling over....

4. FlashSpeedo

FlashSpeedo TPF Noob!

I like the first best due to the strong composition.

re the Focus issue, i usually shoot in aperture priority mode so I can control depth of field. Then I sometimes use ISO adjustments to get the shutter speed in an acceptable range if needed. And if you want maximum depth of field, as you do in most landscapes, use a tripod so you can use small apertures and slow shutter speeds.

5. laudrup

laudrup TPF Noob!

Cheers thanks for the advice guy's, i'm just learning at the moment so I find any advice really helpful. I'll also post in 800 X 600 next time.