'08 Assignment- "Set in Stone" Due November 30th

Hey there Big Bully, unfortunately I never got around to taking an image of the other half of the sundial. It was starting to rain that day, so I had to take my shot and make a run for my car. However, the sundial itself is a memorial to Air India Flight 182 which was bombed in 1985, and the face of it is inscribed with the famous phrase, "Time flies, suns rise, shadows fall, let it pass by, love reigns over all."

That quote is now added into my sig because it's so amazing.

I'm really happy to see the replies I've gotten in this thread. All are extremely good pictures, and I like the way that some take on a more literal meaning of the theme while others don't.

Keep up with the great shots!

Hey there Big Bully, unfortunately I never got around to taking an image of the other half of the sundial. It was starting to rain that day, so I had to take my shot and make a run for my car. However, the sundial itself is a memorial to Air India Flight 182 which was bombed in 1985, and the face of it is inscribed with the famous phrase, "Time flies, suns rise, shadows fall, let it pass by, love reigns over all."

How sad. :( Well your shot is fantastic. Thank you for finishing that quote for me though!

This is my first post. The shot was taken with my P&S. I've since been given a Canon Rebel xti. It's taking me a while to get the hang of it, but I'm having fun learning. Anyway, I thought this picture fit the assignment.

Chris

GranadaBridge.jpg

This is my first post. The shot was taken with my P&S. I've since been given a Canon Rebel xti. It's taking me a while to get the hang of it, but I'm having fun learning. Anyway, I thought this picture fit the assignment.

Chris

GranadaBridge.jpg

Fantastic shot! Welcome to the forum. Some great shots are taken with P&S cameras, don't knock it. It's the photographer who composes the photograph. The camera merely records what the photographer tells it to!

Chris

GranadaBridge.jpg

Oh wow Chris! This shot is amazing! Simply amazing!:hail:I love the repitition and the shapes, it is a really captivating photograph! Great job!!
And welcome to the forum and the assignment threads!

This was taken at an old insane asylum last weekend while we were on our honeymoon. The body of the building is gone but the stairs on each end of the building remain. Pretty neat place to visit.

Honeymoon031.jpg

Camera Make: EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY
Camera Model: KODAK Z712 IS ZOOM DIGITAL CAM...
Date/Time: 2007:01:01 12:44:33
Resolution: 800 x 600
Flash Used: No (auto)
Focal Length: 5.8mm (35mm equivalent: 36mm)
Exposure Time: 0.0025 s (1/400)
Aperture: f/2.8
ISO Equiv.: 64
Whitebalance: Auto
Metering Mode: matrix

Here's a statue of a Confederate soldier in the square in my home town, he resides over a buried 120 y/o time capsule that no one has the balls to did up,lol.

confederatesoldier.jpg

Hmm and your home town is where?? lol

Here's a picture of my fiance out on the rocks along Lake Michigan. Somehow I created this with a half-broken Nikon EM 35mm camera with B&W film. I really love this picture, even with the blown out sky.

2474d06c.jpg

Hmmm... I have enough guts to dig it up.. lol

You have to take down the statue to get to it. That's why no one will dig it up, lol.

I would, but being a southerner at heart I would never dare disgrace a confederate soldier.

Most reactions

Back