'08 Assignment- SIGNS OF SPRING- Due June 2

very nice pictures. I see alot of people did flowers, and that is also what I did, and they were my first flower pictures, so it looks like I picked something good to do, and that is what makes me think of spring.

here is my entry
Larry1.jpg

This is just a practice run to see if I have the correct tags. I'm an excited newbie, experimenting with both the camera and the computer.

DSC_0053.jpg

I think the photo is way to big.

Welcome to the site flash. Nice picture, way to catch an awesome expression on the goose!

Thank you Bully....I love expressions!

I spent the entire morning looking for "signs of spring" to shoot for this thread. It was a gloomy overcast morning and I couldn't find anything colorful. I decided this toad would have to do. Toads are a sign of spring I suppose. They just aren't too pretty.

DSC_0008.jpg

Here is a sign of springtime....At least here in Texas it is. Thunderstorms!

DSC_0400-1.jpg

How did you catch the lightning?! I am so jealous John!!!
Oh and by the way, Welcome to the forum!

Amazing lightning!!... it can be tried on bulb... unfortunately my digi doesn´t go that low... :p

here´s one sign of spring from me... It´s NOT that great as I took it from far far away... I seriously need a telephoto LOL... this is a nest made by a sparrow couple at a window.. can ya tell love is in the air...;)

IMG_1693.jpg

How did you catch the lightning?! I am so jealous John!!!
Oh and by the way, Welcome to the forum!

Thank you so much.

It really isn't that difficult you just have to have patience. I set the camera to manual and choose an aperture between f8 and f11. It was on bulb. The ISO was set at 200 and raw format. I then pointed the camera at one section of the sky and began shooting. I just hit the shutter and wait and see if lightning strikes. After about 15 seconds i hit the shutter again to close it and try again. Hope that made sense.:lol:

I belong to Garvin County Camera Club here in South Central Oklahoma, last month's theme was "Spring" here was my entry....;)

spring.jpg

There really isnt much of a spring in florida but i thought this photo taken yesterday after a rain storm reminded me of spring.
Hibiscus2.jpg

Most reactions

Back