'08 Subject Assignment #7 - MUSIC - Due March 28th

My dusty 5 string Ibanez

2347700029_5a6896e5c7_o.jpg

I normally stay quite.............

harp-1.jpg

But I love the Blues.:D

Wow.

This is one of the prettiest assignment outcomes I have seen. Ever. I mean it.

Music messes me up. I'd have given my nuts to be a star. Then I started playing gigs in LA (what...20 years ago) and realized I couldn't handle it...I wasn't good enough to be a not-owned player, and being owned in this business was too horrid to contemplate.

But damn...these shots are pretty!

Sarah Elizabeth - clear and lovely stuff, sharp and thoughtful.

Seefutlung - the cellist alone in the white spot is riveting, my second fave...the best shot for me (and they all blow me away: I mean it, your stuff humbles me hugely) is that mariachi fiddler. It's total photojournalist vibe notswithstanding, it's overexposed and low contrast, but it's utterly mesmerizing. It says "music" really sharply, like the challenge insists, and it's like the way I played it - the way a lot of people play it - all nerves and sweat and all that. Bravo.

jtpro - those fingers all over the place, rock-hard grip and a flurry of valves, reminds me of Clifford, the homeless trumpeter I used to play with. Blur and speed...it's a great shot that makes me remember. REALLY nice shot.

Kundalini - if I played harmonica...well, my hair...that's me! I love the fingers fanned out, the "LEE OS..." on the harp (you know who Lee Oskar was?), and the whole package.

Jon0807...those strings look like they're are a foot away from the frets! Twist that truss rod, dude!:) But I love the warmness and peacefulness of the composition. Gotta ask: Is that a scuba tank in the left background? Whatever it is; it makes the shot better. The green cast in the back of my is my wife's fish tank with major bokeh - I LOVE finding odd backdrops. Whatever that is, it's...integral. No better word.

It's only 10:00, but I am exhausted. And I had too much Trinity Red Ale tonight. Whatever...this was a VERY cool assignment, all!

Thanks Mia!

PS: is it "Mia" or "Chirstina?" I like Mia because it's a LOT easier to type after too many Trinity Red Ales!

Great job everyone! Some really creative stuff too.

Seefutlung - Brilliant as always!

Diobolique - That first shot would have been a winner for the Red, Green, Blue contest! Beautiful

jtpro - Great capture. Love the movement of the fingers.

Kundalini - WooHoo! Nice to see a self portrait too.

Jan0807 - Very nice - love the angle of the shot.

Schuylercat - Mia is fine, most everyone calls me that and not Christina.

Jon0807...those strings look like they're are a foot away from the frets! Twist that truss rod, dude!:) But I love the warmness and peacefulness of the composition. Gotta ask: Is that a scuba tank in the left background? Whatever it is; it makes the shot better. The green cast in the back of my is my wife's fish tank with major bokeh - I LOVE finding odd backdrops. Whatever that is, it's...integral. No better word.

lol Thanks! I've been having an awful time trying to set the strings right on this thing. I've had them closer but found that I was getting too much fret buzz. I've been trying to teach myself so I'm sure it's just my lack of control. Some day I'll have to actually take up some lessons, there's only so much you can learn from videos and books. The thing in the background is actually the long part of the body where the strap attaches to. But now that you mention it, it does look like a scuba tank! :lol:

I had to share these. I know Im cheating cuz people are suckers for cats. But my cats are one of my favorite subjects. And I love these shots.
SashaCase.jpg

Thats the baby Sasha. She was playing in my guitar case. She likes how soft it is. I thought it was the cutest thing ever.:heart: I had to get her out cuz she was running around and scratching the inside.
playingalong.jpg

Her being curious to what that noise was. Since Im not great. Maybe she was letting me know my practice time was done. Shes real interactive. Obviously I didnt take it, my girlfriend did.:D

ok lets try post some ,
hope you guys like it.

2357191113_0a60e367f6.jpg

2268327937_fa9b10355c.jpg

2269120872_01b1e3a70e.jpg

Hey, I need to take some pictures for this assignment. It looks fun.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back