'08 Subject Assignment - SPEED - Due Aug 15th

Was is Savannah, GA this past weekend and the Coast Gaurd were on manuvers in the River. I was able to catch this sequence.

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

I am loving this car and how you captured the water spray! Good job!

You can post after the 15th. The only reason for the date is to let people know when we are starting a new assignment.

i like that one too but i cant see the speed in it... i mean i don't see any driver in the car (maybe there is and i don't see him) and the wheels are static... it would have worked better with a slower shutter and panning

and i will post some pictures if i get any decent ones at the FIA GT event

To be honest with you when I took these photos I had owned the camera for a little over 24 hours. I had my 18-55mm lens on and I had the camera set to the Automatic speed setting. I have a Canon XSI. I was just happy I was able to catch this. I wish I knew more to help you out.

you can still read the exif data. the easiest way is to right click the pic> properties> summary> advanced. i can see you shot this at 1/1000 shutter, f11 at 400 iso and 55mm ;)

i like that one too but i cant see the speed in it... i mean i don't see any driver in the car (maybe there is and i don't see him) and the wheels are static... it would have worked better with a slower shutter and panning

you can see the driver from the side window (helmet on). Yup i did say there wasn't much 'speed' to these, i was at the corner with a wide angle lens so i got funny effects with slower shutter speeds due to the shift in angles/perspective when panning.. you can still see a little motion caused by panning and a little motion in the tyres though :wink:

you can see the driver from the side window (helmet on). Yup i did say there wasn't much 'speed' to these, i was at the corner with a wide angle lens so i got funny effects with slower shutter speeds due to the shift in angles/perspective when panning.. you can still see a little motion caused by panning and a little motion in the tyres though :wink:

now that you mentioned it i can see the driver :) and there is actually some speed feeling in the second ;) i can almost feel like being on the bike, nice capture

the drivers were hard to see in the cars, not so difficult on the bikes lol. Nah, i wish i could have gotten away with a slightly slower shutter speed, or they were going faster.. they slowed right down coming into the corner! grr.. was wet though.

you can still read the exif data. the easiest way is to right click the pic> properties> summary> advanced. i can see you shot this at 1/1000 shutter, f11 at 400 iso and 55mm ;)

Thanks for the info...I did not know you could do that.

I know it's been done but I have always wanted to give it a shot too, lol...

WMI-40.jpg

EDIT: I just read the rules and these pics were taken earlier this year, I apologize.
1. Approaching supersonic....

hornet.jpg

2. Straight up
hornet2.jpg

Last edited:
awesome shots Joey!:thumbup: I bet it was awesome to hear that sonic boom

These were taken at an airshow in Denton TX so the pilot couldn't break the sound barrier but just the sound of the Hornet going to afterburner was awesome.

cool pictures but a slightly faster shutter would have been great. you could have gone for iso 200 or a wider aperture. even so... great

Most reactions

Back