"08 Subject Assignment - TOYS - Due May 5th

It actually has 3 suction cups on the reverse, and sticks to the side of the tub. Then the child (and me :) ) fills the toy up to do various things :)
I'd wondered if that was it, but I didn't think the suction cup method would hold the weight of the water very well. Thanks.

Musashi Miyamoto was left handed

Interesting. I didn't remember that from my readings about him. In our training it had been mentioned that swords were always worn for right handed drawing, and that Japanese society at that time was quite conformist. If one were naturally left handed, that had to be sublimated.

In our training in bujinkan budo taijutsu (formerly ninpo taijutsu), we tried to use that to our advantage, and train with the opposite handed-ness for the element of surprise.

Interesting. I didn't remember that from my readings about him. In our training it had been mentioned that swords were always worn for right handed drawing, and that Japanese society at that time was quite conformist. If one were naturally left handed, that had to be sublimated.

In our training in bujinkan budo taijutsu (formerly ninpo taijutsu), we tried to use that to our advantage, and train with the opposite handed-ness for the element of surprise.

I remember reading that somewhere, but I can't remember off hand where.

Anyways, We derailed this enough with that conversation, that said I'll drop a picture and see my way out into the rest of the forum

The kids jubjub plushie, they have had this thing for years, it's like sacred to them.....it's just a McDonalds toy :lmao:
100_3635_2.jpg

2657474204_c96c0bf58d_o.jpg

Nothing cooler than a rubix cube
I like the b+w version better. The tonal range is more prominent. Nice job converting. Looks like you straight desaturated? Neither the red, green, nor blue channels appear to predominate. And I like how you evened out the background tone. Good stuff Maynard!

I like the b+w version better. The tonal range is more prominent. Nice job converting. Looks like you straight desaturated? Neither the red, green, nor blue channels appear to predominate. And I like how you evened out the background tone. Good stuff Maynard!

Thanks for the compliment :) I actually shot this one in black and white instead of converting it in post process. And I shot it on printer paper lol, I wanted a white background and nothing is whiter than paper.

IMG_0696.jpg

One of my little girls favourite toys, and my new favourite toy.

Thanks for the compliment :) I actually shot this one in black and white instead of converting it in post process. And I shot it on printer paper lol, I wanted a white background and nothing is whiter than paper.

Shot it on printer paper???? :confused: I is confused.

Yes, Yorkshire.

And i did spell it favourite didn`t i? :)

I`m new to all this, do canon not do the 400d outside of UK?

Yes, Yorkshire.

And i did spell it favourite didn`t i? :)

I`m new to all this, do canon not do the 400d outside of UK?
I wish Canon were consistent in its nomenclature. Here in the US, the 400D (I believe) is called the XTi, and now the newer 450D, I believe is the XSi, both designations needing 'Digital Rebel' in the name. I'm guessing it's because Canon years ago had marketed their film cameras here under the 'Rebel' designation and wanted to retain that consumer base.

The European nomenclature is much more logical. I get a couple photography magazines from the UK, and I'm consistently confused trying to translate their comments on the Canons to what's marketed over here. :mrgreen:

ahhh, i hear people mention the xTi all the time, never knew what model it was :)

Most reactions

Back