08 Technical assignment #2 Frozen water

It took my husband and I to get this shot, but we got it after multiple attempts...
DSCN0518r.jpg

Thanks. I just hope the next assignment won't require me timing a flash to freeze a moving subject in the frame or i'll get frustrated very quickly. :lol:

Gwag: Oooh, you made me want one! I love the composition and timing is great! I feel like the lighting could be improved though.

Yeh i do to, maybe it was the post editing, but the only lighting i used was my flash. first time actually trying one of these :D

Gwag: Oooh, you made me want one! I love the composition and timing is great! I feel like the lighting could be improved though.

Yeah no kidding... I want one too!!

Gwag.. wanna share the apple.. lmao

Lets see.. WA to ID... hmm it would get here in about 3 days... maybe..
hmm.. Dangit! It is quicker to go to Walmart! lol

Big thanks to sabbath999 and hawkeye for showing me what my camera can do! I hit the shower to test it and here is the result:

showerdropscropbright.jpg

OH WOW! What kind of camera do you have?
I really think I need a new camera!

Meg, I like your shot in the tub. The bubbles are really cool coming out at the bottom of the water column. Amazing that you got your point-and-shoot to take that shot!

Tasmaster: Very cool, I like it. I feel like more of the shower head in the frame might help? It looks like it might be shiny and sleek-looking, nice next to the water, but that's just me ?:)?
The top parts look amazingly like photos I have taken of icicles - in true keeping with the assignment :)

And Meg, I believe the camera in question is the Nikon D40 (from the EXIF data) although I was just ecstatic to move from my P&S to any SLR :shrug:

Hey guys, new user here, thought I'd start posting by doing an assignment.....here she goes!

You've heard the saying "Everything but the kitchen sink". Well this is "Everything but the BATHROOM sink".... :lol:

bathroomsink.jpg

Enjoy!

Meg, I like your shot in the tub. The bubbles are really cool coming out at the bottom of the water column. Amazing that you got your point-and-shoot to take that shot!

quote]

We were actually shooting into the sink/ frying pan with water running into it. But thank you for enjoying my shot and commenting on it.

Welcome to the forum!! Your water is fantastic and the highlights in your water are very painterly and perfect! Great job!

Hey guys, new user here, thought I'd start posting by doing an assignment.....here she goes!

You've heard the saying "Everything but the kitchen sink". Well this is "Everything but the BATHROOM sink".... :lol:

bathroomsink.jpg

Enjoy!

Most reactions

Back