08 Technical Assignment #5, f/2 and below - Due March 15th.

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Due Date: Saturday March, 15 2008

This is a technical assignment to use low aperture settings (or wide apertures) f/2 and below.

Small f/stops like f/1.8, f/1.4, and so on decrease the Depth of field (DOF) decreasing the clarity and sharpness of the background beyond the subject. Use of such open apertures generally requires sharp on the spot focusing of the subject at hand, as only that within the Depth of field will be in focus creating that known as Bokeh (or appearance of out-of-focus areas) surrounding the subject.

As always New shots only please :D.

WTF?

How many assignments are on tap now? MissMia and Monkeykoder had 'em going already. Is this something different? There is already a "Shallow Depth of Field" thread.

BTW, your Bokah is actually spelled Bokeh.

WTF?

How many assignments are on tap now? MissMia and Monkeykoder had 'em going already. Is this something different? There is already a "Shallow Depth of Field" thread.

BTW, your Bokah is actually spelled Bokeh.

The Bokeh was an error in spell check software, Also there have been three asignments for the past few sessions two for subject and one for technical, also deadlines have been added for several reasons including but not limmited to reuse of subject matter. BB, MissMia, Monkeykoder and I have been chatting about this.

Pertaining to the Techincal assignments:
monkeykoder said:
Truthfully I agree with you at least on the Technical Assignments. I'm really not knowledgeable enough to really be in charge but no one else seemed willing to step up to the plate. I'm really only doing technical assignments you'd want to talk to MissMia to get the next subject assignment. I'd be more than willing to give up the Technical Assignments to you if you were willing to take it up school is taking up all of my brainpower right now.

Review:
http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113659

http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35835

http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107992

Right, so it's late, Iv'e read a couple of the links and if I understand , this is just another adjunct to what been already in place since the first of the year. Okay, Ill play...........maybe tomorrow, perhaps next week.

Sometimes, I just find life's simple pleasures a bit funny.

Right, so it's late, Iv'e read a couple of the links and if I understand , this is just another adjunct to what been already in place since the first of the year. Okay, Ill play...........maybe tomorrow, perhaps next week.

Sometimes, I just find life's simple pleasures a bit funny.

Yup, that is the case.

With the aperture ring on the lens.

ok, forgive my ignorance.. but how do you do that?, I looked on my lens and couldnt find anything to adjust.

Maybe my lenses dont do that?

coffee.jpg

ok, forgive my ignorance.. but how do you do that?, I looked on my lens and couldnt find anything to adjust.

Maybe my lenses dont do that?

Jimmy, it is a lens thing. Going on the info in you sig, your lenses aren't capable. Thus the paradox of this assignment. It should be open to all, regardless of their equipment. Sorry dude.

Yeah, I just figured out how to adjust it on the camera, however my camera wont go below f4.5. oh well I dont get to play this time, I will just read and take notes.

Thanks Kundalini!

Yeah, I just figured out how to adjust it on the camera, however my camera wont go below f4.5. oh well I dont get to play this time, I will just read and take notes.

Thanks Kundalini!
I feel for you dude. I feel the need to miss this assignment on those grounds alone. Have a look, there is a "Signs" assignment going on at the moment. Feel free to participate.

Jimmy, it is a lens thing. Going on the info in you sig, your lenses aren't capable. Thus the paradox of this assignment. It should be open to all, regardless of their equipment. Sorry dude.

Sadly some will be unable to add to the imagery due to lack of equipment, but on the reverse end users like jimmy will be able to see that not all lenses are the same and there are some shortcummings for particular intentions and goals. I understood this from the start, this is part of why there is no particular subject material any more.

I my self only have two lenses that are able to do this and one of them is damaged and both of them are kit lenses that came with the bodies from manufacturer.

Jimmy1234 said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Kundalini!

Don't worry about it, I don't expect any one to know everything. One of the streingths of this section to learn from others by example, Hopfully this will help you deside if you want to invest in a lens capable or not in the future.

Most reactions

Back