08 Technical Assignment #7, Macro - Due April 12th.

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Due Date: Saturday April 12, 2008

This is a technical assignment to use Macro photography. In Macro photography the image projected on the "film plane" (film or a digital sensor) is close to the same size as the subject. In other words it is extreme close-up photography to put it bluntly.

As always New shots only please :D.

Since this is a Technical Assignment, does a reverse ring adapter count to or you want us to use a real dedicated macro lens?

Since this is a Technical Assignment, does a reverse ring adapter count to or you want us to use a real dedicated macro lens?

That is fine, That is part of the reason the description is so short, Use what ever ingenuity or methods to achieve the concept you see fit.

Right. This is a reverse lens macro shot of the top of a loaf of bread, and the whole bread is covered in poppy seeds, which is what you see:

Weltmeisterbrot.jpg

Where did that come from? I have also earlier tried the reverse lens thing with my 500N (film Canon), and it worked, too. The razor thin DOF is always a bit of a challenge, of course, but ... why end up with a pink picture?

I just assumed I was doing it wrong and did not give it any more thought and ran out and bought a bellows. I honestly don't know.

It's a beautiful bellows though :D

To be having bellows is nice. There are some amongst all the old photography things my father and uncle used to have back then, but much of it is in sore need of repair and no one can afford the costs. Like the Rolleiflex ... now that would be a gem, if only it worked (randomly meandering thoughts here, which have nothing to do with the assignment in question, sorry about that...).

I'm new to TPF and would like to submit a photo for this challenge. I do not see how I can attach a photo to the thread. The "Posting Rules" on the lower left of the thread says that I "may not post attachments". The FAQ explains that there is a form...but I do not see the form. A little assistance please...TIA

I'm new to TPF and would like to submit a photo for this challenge. I do not see how I can attach a photo to the thread. The "Posting Rules" on the lower left of the thread says that I "may not post attachments". The FAQ explains that there is a form...but I do not see the form. A little assistance please...TIA

I use photobucket.com ~ then post and use the Insert Image button, then paste the direct link from photobucket... the form is for the Monthly Photo Challenge only I think, which is seperate from the Photo Assignments.

Thank you dhlam for the message of explanation, you too Dioboleque, I appreciate your assistance.

Here's my submission...

cicada1.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back