08 Technical Assignment #7, Macro - Due April 12th.

Awesome Cicada Image!

Here is my shield bug (Only bug I can find with this weather):
273053297_KfK9Q-X3.jpg

That there is a creepy looking bug!

Heres my first ever Tehnical Assignment.
A few pics i took today that I am actually sort of proud of, although they all could use some work :p

My favorite
Picture078.jpg

Semi Decent, could have pulled it off better but it started getting dark.
Picture055.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Used my 18-55mm Kit lens with reverse ring. The DOF is so thin this way its odd. But it sure is cool zooming way in on ordinary things.

Pop Can opening:
Popcan-Top.jpg

Gatoraid Drink Crystals:
Gatoraid-Drink-Crystals.jpg

Thanks. I really wanted to know what photogs thought as the peeps in my life just say "Ewwwwww".

On this one you can see the night through its unfurled wings...I kinda liked it...but that's just me, I respect the crawlies.

cicada2.jpg

Man great color and DOF on the bugs, but they sure are gross. I kinda dislike bugs to begin with but that close is just all the weirder :p

I played with the reversed lens once again for this assignment, and also just because it is such fun! :D

Can anyone guess what it was I took out to take this macro photo?

Stimmgabel-Macro.jpg

These should be fairly obvious (the nearest I could grab on my desk):

BleistiftKuli-Macro.jpg

The insects round here have not woken up as yet, there are none... ;)

Thanks for the encouragement TC. I've seen your macro work on your web site: AWESOME. I am humbled...

Since this is a Technical Assignment, does a reverse ring adapter count to or you want us to use a real dedicated macro lens?
Is there anything other than this adapter one needs to get started?

I don't even have an adapter :oops:

All I ever do is turn the lens around and hold it to the "hole in the camera", that's all I do. :shock: :pale: if my photos now don't COUNT!

Mine isn't as uber macro as the rest of yours but here goes:

2304-GreenExitSign.jpg

and

2304-Rust.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back