09 - Assignment - Selective Color - No Due Date

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For whatever reason I've been drawn to selective color shots lately. I think it's fun looking for things that might standout in a fun way if using this particular PP trickery.

Let's see some inspirational selective coloring shots!

Here's one I took today over lunch.

IMG_3527-2.jpg

Last edited:
wow, weird i just took this pic

meh having a block...

DSC_0023_crayons-1.jpg

it looks like a really ****ty s/c job but thats as close as i could get without the box showing through...

not to mention my focus is off :lol:

I took this shot under a bridge for my first photography class last Spring with my P&S. I like it better in color (posted elsewhere on the forum) but asked my instructor if he would use selective color for the red light (I didn't know how--still don't).

bridgebw.jpg

I love doing this. I was actually trying to do it with a few different photos I took of my cats last night. But couldn't get one to come out as I wanted.. Then I called it a night. I'll have to play around some more with them and come back here & post my photo.

These are a couple I did awhile back and liked the outcome.

2881740503_6a612c9998_o.jpg

2983168176_a3281288c8.jpg

Done out of boredom yesterday...

IMG_3664.jpg

Hey guys, new user here. I got my Canon Xti last week and have been obsessing over it since (I'm home on winter break from college, so I have the gift of time). C&C is welcome! Thanks.

Roses on Acid
3190640818_6f1ff55579_b.jpg

Hey guys, new user here. I got my Canon Xti last week and have been obsessing over it since (I'm home on winter break from college, so I have the gift of time). C&C is welcome! Thanks.

Roses on Acid
3190640818_6f1ff55579_b.jpg

This is a BA pic I love this nice work...................someday I will learn to do stuff like this.

How come red is almost always the selective color?

Good question, and I don't know. It probably has to do with the contrast. Red stands out more than other colors which might be lost of the B&W.

This is a BA pic I love this nice work...................someday I will learn to do stuff like this.

Thank you! It's really not that difficult to do...if you have photoshop and a tablet

artreuo said:
Red does stick out. The color needs to be bright enough to stand out against the B&W. Orange or bright blues seem to look good. I'm kind of obsessed with these color selection pictures right now, so I'm looking for different ways to do it.

Most reactions

Back