1 Shots out the BOX, EF 135mm f/2.0L USM!!!

:drool::drool::drool:

better macro and lightness are all the f4 version has over the f2.8 - add in the close focusing to the f2.8 and :mrgreen:

edit - next time get kenko AF tubes - far cheaper and you get way more tube length for your money. And still you would need, what, 100mm of tube length to get to full 1:1 macro (rought maths there) and using tubes you lose infinity focus too ;)

I don't care i will have one up on you :lmao:

Enjoy it! It's one of Canon's nicer prime lenses, with excellent image quality and excellent focusing.

:drool::drool::drool:

better macro and lightness are all the f4 version has over the f2.8 - add in the close focusing to the f2.8 and :mrgreen:

edit - next time get kenko AF tubes - far cheaper and you get way more tube length for your money. And still you would need, what, 100mm of tube length to get to full 1:1 macro (rought maths there) and using tubes you lose infinity focus too ;)

Gotcha, maybe I will pick up that lens when I am more into macro...

Cute shots. I love the lighting.

*activate Jedi mind-bending powers* For your next lens, you shall buy the Canon 100mm f2.8 macro, test it, hate it, and offer to give it to me. /turnoffpowers

Why this lens over my 100mm f/2.0 USM? Just curious sell me on it Felix... :er:

The macro one is sooooooooo much more shaper. It's used for both macro photography (something I want to get into) as well as for portraits (something I already love). Its sharpness lets you see every little pore and wrinkle on the model. Some see that as bad but it's the type of portrait that I like.

EDIT: *Jedi powers on* Remember, you will buy it, hate it, then offer to give it to me.*off* :'(

Cute shots. I love the lighting.

*activate Jedi mind-bending powers* For your next lens, you shall buy the Canon 100mm f2.8 macro, test it, hate it, and offer to give it to me. /turnoffpowers

Why this lens over my 100mm f/2.0 USM? Just curious sell me on it Felix... :er:

The macro one is sooooooooo much more shaper. It's used for both macro photography (something I want to get into) as well as for portraits (something I already love). Its sharpness lets you see every little pore and wrinkle on the model. Some see that as bad but it's the type of portrait that I like.

EDIT: *Jedi powers on* Remember, you will buy it, hate it, then offer to give it to me.*off* :'(

There you go Felix, now your making me wanna drop coin on ANOTHER lens, I noticed that the 135mm can get some amazing detail like what your talking about, I was surprised how close it focuses to my objects, but I would love to have that 100 macro in my bags... Damn to bad you don't live in central cali or we could shoot all these lenses! I have a buddy and his wife that I shoot with they love them all and I use all of their narley video stuff. Works out awesome. Together we are forming a little production group.

I'm sure the 135 can shoot detail. But can it shoot the wrinkles on the wrinkles on the wrinkles of the model? ;) :drool:

I'm sure the 135 can shoot detail. But can it shoot the wrinkles on the wrinkles on the wrinkles of the model? ;) :drool:

NO! That's why your making me want to pick that lens up too! LOL :lol: damn you! Turn off your Jedi Mind tricks!

this one??

Canon | EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Lens | 3554B002 | B&H Photo

Nope. The want I want is the non-IS version. It's basically the same thing as that L one but it doesn't have IS and due to it not being L status, it doesn't have the same build quality (I'm assuming). It's $500 cheaper.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Canon-100mm-Macro-Lens-Cameras/dp/B00004XOM3/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1265939514&sr=8-2[/ame]

Image quality of both is about the same (the new L version can't beat the old nor can the old beat the new - any difference in studio tests is more down to sample variation - provided tripods and good lighting are used).

The L version though has internal focusing - IS (lesser effect at macro distances but aboon to have for longer further off shots) as well as (I belive ) teleconverter compatability.

In short if you can afford it go for the L version since feature wise it beats the original. However if on a more restricted budget the original is still a very capable macro lens.

However I think you might want to play with your new toys some more before getting even more toys - least we end up sending you insane ;)

Image quality of both is about the same (the new L version can't beat the old nor can the old beat the new - any difference in studio tests is more down to sample variation - provided tripods and good lighting are used).

The L version though has internal focusing - IS (lesser effect at macro distances but aboon to have for longer further off shots) as well as (I belive ) teleconverter compatability.

In short if you can afford it go for the L version since feature wise it beats the original. However if on a more restricted budget the original is still a very capable macro lens.

However I think you might want to play with your new toys some more before getting even more toys - least we end up sending you insane ;)

The L's just have such a smooth feel and panache that I will pay double to get. I am on my 5th L right now, whats a 6th right? However she will have to wait for me a bit at BHphoto before she decides to move in with me! LOL :sexywink: thanks for helping me pick my next L guys... :hugs:

Hey! Don't forget you're sending me that thing! :grumpy:

I give up. My Jedi powers don't work over the internet. No, I wasn't being serious. I'm just really really anxious to get mine. It'll probably take over my 50mm as my primary lens.

BTW, look how pretty that detail is!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOpaBfNKGvA[/ame]

I am gonna have to produce something legit with my 5D and put it up on here... I see to many people shooting video that shouldn't just because their cameras can now! LOL darn noobs! HAHA

Most reactions

New Topics

Back