1 year old session yesterday

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by LBPhotog, Apr 26, 2010.

1. LBPhotog

LBPhotog TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    So, this was the subject of my "tough client" session yesterday ... these are just a few of the images from the session for PROFESSIONAL C&C please ...

1. [​IMG]

2.[​IMG]

3. [​IMG]

I know that #1 is a bit dark on the "shadow" side she crawled slightly ahead of my fill light so I had to PP heavy on that image ...

2. YoMoe

YoMoe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I love #1 and #3, too cute. #2 is a great shot but on my monitor it looks a bit dark, the whites of her eye appear gray. Other than that it is nice, love the catch lights.

3. Steve Reddin

Steve Reddin TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi, as you've asked for PROFESSIONAL comments, I'm assuming you're a pro, so these are going to be straightforward and blunt.

For me, if the initial image taken isn't one I would show my clients, it should be scrapped, I can PS / LR it as much as I want but I'm starting on a poor foundation. PS & LR should tweak an already good photo, not manipulate the hell out of it in the small hope of trying to save it and, in the case of the first photograph, end up with a photo that is still way too dark.

The second photo, pretty much the same as the first, way too dark, looks at least a full stop off in my estimation. There's no real excuse for this if you are shooting digitally and have metered correctly.

The third photograph, if this is the exposure on the original then well done, it looks perfectly exposed and one that I would expect any parent would be happy to receive. The only criticism I would have is that maybe it's a little casual for a pro shoot, the exposure in this coupled with the pose in the second would be the ultimate for me. You could crop the third photo (depending on how big you want to print it) to remove the bed, I think this would make a better photograph.

Steve