10 Interesting Things, Within 10 Feet, Challenge!

Refreshments
IMG_7123-resized.jpg

Don't Fret...
IMG_7124-resized.jpg

"J"
IMG_7125-resized.jpg

edit

All within arms reach of me right now.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's not easy, but kinda fun and sometime rewarding.
If I may C&C:

#1 Is cool (pun LOL), but what if you cropped it for just the top shelf of Heiny? I like the perspective, and mostly how you captured the light.

#2 nice selective focus. I thought of this, only because I fail to think about it, how would that look at an angle, and including more of the black dot as a compositional element?

#3 nice thin DoF. I love the texture of the key. But it immidiately reads as a key. I think it would be cool cropped entirely on the inside of the key so focus is on the texture, and the letter, which would also make the viewer think a little more about what it is.

:thumbup:

I will do this again also. I just shot 300 pics today that I have to sort through first.

If I may C&C:
C&C is always welcome, even if I don't ask for it.

#1 Is cool (pun LOL), but what if you cropped it for just the top shelf of Heiny? I like the perspective, and mostly how you captured the light.
The light is almost exactly how I wanted it to be. The only issue I had was trying to balance two different light sources (daylight - caps & cans, and the fridge light - background). I tried to get rid of the orangeness from the background, but it wasn't happening...

After seeing it, I feel that I should have moved 8 or 10 inches to the right.
Just the top shelf would probably be pretty cool. I'll have to try that before I drink it all. lol.

#2 nice selective focus. I thought of this, only because I fail to think about it, how would that look at an angle, and including more of the black dot as a compositional element?
I was going for symmetry (horizontal and vertical), but I don't think it worked out quite how I pictured it... I think for what I was going for, I need to shoot it straight on. The DOF is also smaller than I thought it would be... (I need to start using the DOF preview more.)

#3 nice thin DoF. I love the texture of the key. But it immidiately reads as a key. I think it would be cool cropped entirely on the inside of the key so focus is on the texture, and the letter, which would also make the viewer think a little more about what it is.
In this one, I was trying to replicate a shot I took a long time ago that for some reason I really liked.

This doesn't really have the same effect as the other one to me.

I like your idea, getting closer to only include the flat surface of the key. I'll have to try that later.

nice pictures ;0) especially the beers

Now ... few hours after you took the beers photo, you need to retake it again and show us how many beers left.

This is way harder than I thought it would be too.

1) Turns out I need to dust a bit.
x700.jpg

2) I could have Sworn (In) that I could hold a camera steady.
sworn.jpg

3) Time for a vacation.
paris.jpg

Now ... few hours after you took the beers photo, you need to retake it again and show us how many beers left.

I'm finally starting to make a dent in it...

(you can't see how many are in the door though...;))

Last attempt to get any takers. :greenpbl:

IMG_5277luke.jpg

Raw00030.jpg

Raw00049-1-1.jpg

Finally played around last night...lol ......and I wasnt drinking!!

I promise to drink a lot tonight to make up for it!!

Well a little bit uninspired, but there alright.

Paint brush:
paintbrush.jpg

Dime on radiator:

radiatordime.jpg

Boots:

boot.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back