10 stop nd filter

anglaws

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where I can get a 10 stop ND filter for use on Nikon d3100

Camera stores. Ebay. Online vendors. TPF buy & sell forum. Fred Miranda.

The internet maybe? Just go to Amazon or ebay or some other online store.

Did you google "10 stop ND filter for sale"

B+W makes a nice 10 stop ND, its pretty expensive, in 77mm but probably cheaper in 52mm. i have their 6 stop filter and i like it. i was able to stack a polizier on it and get 30+ sec exposures in bright day light. im sure a 10 stop would do much longer, but i wanted the 6 stop to work with shorter exposures then the 10 stop

what I find hard about ND filters is the amount of stops. Sometimes they are measures as .6 or .9, from what I gather, .9 is not a 9 stop

what I find hard about ND filters is the amount of stops. Sometimes they are measures as .6 or .9, from what I gather, .9 is not a 9 stop

filter-chart.jpg

Well I hope he/she found what they were looking for. They created a account just to vanish in the wind.............

B+W ND3.0 or (110) filter is 10 stops. I use a 3 stop most often. ND.9 filter.

I suggest getting one for the largest lens you might think you will ever own. And then spend $12 on a step up ring from what ever your current lens is now. For instance I bought 3 B+W ND filters at 77mm size 12 years ago. And spent probably $48 on 4 step up rings to fit my other lenses. Buy good filters in large sizes and buy inexpensive step up rings. There is no need to have a dozen ND filters to fit all your lenses. Just need one for each level of stops you want. This way you can buy quality filters, instead of having a dozen cheap ones.

I am particular to B+W and Hoya Pro's.

Most reactions

Back