10 year anniversary ideas

Missdaisy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
:heart:December 12th will be my 10 year anniversary:heart:, I need some help coming up with a unique way to celebrate with my husband. First of all I have googled this topic to death, all the ideas are the same, Tin, Diamonds, exotic vacations etc. etc. There are plenty of ideas for the men to do/buy things for their wives but not a whole lot of ideas for the wife to do for her husband.

All little background info for you, my husband is extremely romantic, he never fails. He goes so far over the top that it makes me feel bad because I rarely do something great for him. So this year I want him to have a special anniversary too.

Heres my dilema, I think he has something MAJOR planned, he put me on a spending freeze about 2 months ago. I can't spend money unless it's a necessity. He is very stressed out about money although we have plenty in our savings acount so that leads me to believe he is up to something.
So I need to do something special without spending a whole lot of money, no trips, no jewelry, etc.

Does anyone have ideas of things they have done or what they would love have done for them on an anniversary?

There is only one obvious answer....

I'm not sure what your obvious answer is.... if it's what I think you think it is then you are probably right. That is all a man wants.

I work in a body shop so I'm exposed to "mind in the gutter" comments daily. Sorry if you weren't thinking "gutter".

Last edited:
*chuckles* if itznfb is thinking what I am then it goes "meow" and doubles as a bedwarmer ;)

sorry that's all I can come up with

I'm not sure what your obvious answer is.... if it's what I think you think it is then you are probably right. That is all a man wants.

I work in a body shop so I'm exposed to "mind in the gutter" comments daily. Sorry if you weren't thinking "gutter".

I had actually thought about having someone do boudoir shoot, but I don't have the self confidence to go through with it.

Of course my mind was in the gutter....

Your last thought though reminded of that VH1 show "My Fair Brady" where his wife did the lesbian photo shoot for him and he hated it. :confused:

On a serious note... Congratulations on the anniversary! 10 years is pretty sweet!
Though I have no real suggestions... my girlfriend and I don't celebrate anniversaries.

Your last thought though reminded of that VH1 show "My Fair Brady" where his wife did the lesbian photo shoot for him and he hated it. :confused:

What man wouldn't like that?? Maybe he's on the wrong team??

Last edited:
*chuckles* if itznfb is thinking what I am then it goes "meow" and doubles as a bedwarmer ;)

Oh god! I was laughing so hard reading this, especially since you avitar fits well. :lol:

Oh god! I was laughing so hard reading this, especially since you avitar fits well. :lol:

hehe :)

Speaking seriously though if you do decide to go down the pet route do take him with you to help pick out the pet. It might detract a little from the surprise element, but its far better than you both pick an animal you agree on - I mean the poor cat has to contend with its human feeders for its whole life ;)

Quote: Originally Posted by itznfb
Quote: Originally Posted by Missdaisy
Quote: Originally Posted by itznfb

I had actually thought about having someone do boudoir shoot, but I don't have the self confidence to go through with it.

What man wouldn't like that?? Maybe he's on the wrong team??

Two chicks together was fine when I 18, 20, but now, I'm selfish, I want my wify all to my self.
And there's nothing wrong with gutter, as long as you can wash it off later :)

ugh.. you'd be surprised what can be done with them. :p

First, you need to find out if there is something coming up.
If there isn't, to me a candle lit dinner and a card would be the best thing ever. But i'm easy like that.
You could make some chinese paper lamps..they make a really nice ambient lighting and get people in the right mood.

It is not about how much you spend, it is about how you spend it, I think.

make him sad and prepare a surprise so he can enjoy it and appreciate it.

make him sad and prepare a surprise so he can enjoy it and appreciate it.
basically piss him off and then make him happy. I'd be DOUBLE pissed, but thats me :)

act like it's a first date again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back