10 Years After

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Where do you see yourself in 10 years in your photography?

Are you a pro, an artist, a promising amatuer?- maybe an absolute failure? Do you shoot what you want, do you shoot what others want? What do you want? Are you good, bad, ugly?

Whatever it is you shoot, do you stand out in a crowd? How will you differentiate yourself from others? Do you want to?

--

I HAVE NO IDEA.

I'm just trying to get a website up at the moment. After that, than we'll see what happens.

I gave up a full ride to LA film school to continue my photography buissness. Sooo i guess i want to get rich doing what i love :D

I shoot what I want, when I want, I love to experiment, I hope to sell some of my better shots, sometimes I get burned out and need to take a break, I have many MANY ideas I want to try out, most of the ideas turn out to be bunk, but some come out really cool.

Ten years from now? I don't know *if* I will be making money off of photography, and if so, how much, but it is one of many interests for me, and I will always be doing it, even if is just for myself.

To have traveled the world and taken photo from all over, to have many more magazine publications, to become a well known photographer by others. To enhance my combat camera career. And maybe start a small photography store.

The one thing I definitely don't want to be doing is project management in Saudi Arabia. After that, anything is a bonus, if I could combine photography in some way I'd be happy. If I could get a POTM nomination I'd think I was making some progress... ;)

Photography wise, in exactly the same place, except with a large amass of good images instead of the 20 or so I currently cherish. I doubt I'll take it into the fully professional arena.

I will have the answer to this question by the end of the year. Why? I'm taking my first photography in class, I'll either love it and major in Photography, or major in marketing as I planned to initially. Well, I already love it, but not sure if I want to do this for a living.

Having more time, and thus finding my way to a body of work that is defined by my vision, not my life-related limitations like time, location, and family.

I see myself making a living from my photos and writing, not the way I do now, but by finding my own path and producing what I see as my art. Pretty much the same as has been said.

I believe subconciously I've been working to provide myself with the freedom to do as I want and the somewhat unrefined ability to do it the way I see it. The time has come to put a plan on paper, make a commitment to follow through and do it.

This is such a fantastic question!!!

10 years from now.. Hmm.. I'll probably be a stay at home mom by then so..
My own dark room, *possibly* a studio, documenting every precious moment in life... as there is lots of them.

On a more professional level. hmm. I'm hoping to know by then where my photography fits in... where my 'nitch' is. I often day dream of having books published or selling lots of large prints. then I think maybe something smaller like just taking pictures of people and their families locally is where im supposed to be. But then I see myself disappointed.
I would like to be known for photography.. what kind of photography I dont know yet.

I read an article in PopPhoto recently that really inspired me. It was about a guy who sells his prints exclusivley in his own stores. He has a few across the US. It was inspiring and I quickly and ever quietly thought to myself 'man would that be awesome or what!!!'.

For me.. it's convincing myself that I deserve to get what i want and that i owe it to myself to strive very high! It's a struggle.

Most reactions

Back