10 Years After

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by abraxas, Aug 29, 2007.

1. abraxas

abraxas No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Where do you see yourself in 10 years in your photography?

Are you a pro, an artist, a promising amatuer?- maybe an absolute failure? Do you shoot what you want, do you shoot what others want? What do you want? Are you good, bad, ugly?

Whatever it is you shoot, do you stand out in a crowd? How will you differentiate yourself from others? Do you want to?

--

2. Sw1tchFX

Sw1tchFX TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I HAVE NO IDEA.

I'm just trying to get a website up at the moment. After that, than we'll see what happens.

3. Funky

Funky TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I gave up a full ride to LA film school to continue my photography buissness. Sooo i guess i want to get rich doing what i love :D

4. droyz2000

droyz2000 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I would love to have my own studio.

5. gmarquez

gmarquez TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I shoot what I want, when I want, I love to experiment, I hope to sell some of my better shots, sometimes I get burned out and need to take a break, I have many MANY ideas I want to try out, most of the ideas turn out to be bunk, but some come out really cool.

Ten years from now? I don't know *if* I will be making money off of photography, and if so, how much, but it is one of many interests for me, and I will always be doing it, even if is just for myself.

6. Snyder

Snyder TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    To have traveled the world and taken photo from all over, to have many more magazine publications, to become a well known photographer by others. To enhance my combat camera career. And maybe start a small photography store.

7. Chris of Arabia

Chris of Arabia Herding cats since 1988... Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    The one thing I definitely don't want to be doing is project management in Saudi Arabia. After that, anything is a bonus, if I could combine photography in some way I'd be happy. If I could get a POTM nomination I'd think I was making some progress... ;)

8. Garbz

Garbz No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Photography wise, in exactly the same place, except with a large amass of good images instead of the 20 or so I currently cherish. I doubt I'll take it into the fully professional arena.

9. SergioG

SergioG TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I will have the answer to this question by the end of the year. Why? I'm taking my first photography in class, I'll either love it and major in Photography, or major in marketing as I planned to initially. Well, I already love it, but not sure if I want to do this for a living.

10. Having more time, and thus finding my way to a body of work that is defined by my vision, not my life-related limitations like time, location, and family.

11. abraxas

abraxas No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I see myself making a living from my photos and writing, not the way I do now, but by finding my own path and producing what I see as my art. Pretty much the same as has been said.

I believe subconciously I've been working to provide myself with the freedom to do as I want and the somewhat unrefined ability to do it the way I see it. The time has come to put a plan on paper, make a commitment to follow through and do it.

12. Ockie

Ockie TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I'll probably have my IT studies finished... and hopefully have a part-time job as a photographer somewhere :D