100% beginner!

What are extension tubes...?

Essentially hollow metal tubes which fit between your lens and the camera body to allow the lens to focus very closely. They're a little more annoying to use, and the less expensive ones won't allow you to do auto-focus/auto-metering (not a huge deal in macro anyway), but they do have the advantage of not having any glass in them, so can't distort the image.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
whatever said:
"This ring set consists of 5 rings. It perfectly couples with spot metering and AE mechanisms. The ring that attaches to the camera has male thread while that attaches to the lens has female bayonet mount type. For the other 3 rings, the male thread matches with the female one so there are altogether 7 combinations to obtain various magnifications. The lengths of the three rings are 9mm, 16mm and 30mm respectively. All measurements are from the image plane marked on the camera body to the object. "

Okay, that's definitely not what I thought it was. Those actually sound like they'd work well, and you can't beat that price. I'll have to have a look when I get home.

eBay description said:
This ring set consists of 5 rings. It perfectly couples with spot metering and AE mechanisms. The ring that attaches to the camera has male threadwhile that attaches to the lens has female bayonet mount type. For the other 3 rings, the male thread matches with the female one so there are altogether 7 combinations to obtain various magnifications. The lengths of the three rings are 9mm, 16mm and 30mm respectively. All measurements are from the image plane marked on the camera body to the object. "

WTF??? Threads???

Off-topic, but what are "stock" photos?
Stockpiles of images managed by a company who will sell them/arrange their use by commerical clients who need a specific type of image, but don't want to have to arrange for a photographer. Essentially a commerical image library.

http://www.adorama.com/INKD50R.html
I can't tell whether this one is just a body or not.
Wouldn't it be listed with "body" somewhere in the title, if it was?
Yet I don't see anything about an included lens.

Adorma website said:
Item Includes

D50 Body - EN-EL3 Rechargeable Li-on Battery - MH-18a Quick Charger - Video Cable - UCE4 USB Cable - Strap -Body Cap - DK-5 Eyepiece Cap - DK-20 Rubber Eye Cup - Accessory Shoe Cover - Nikon PictureProject Software CD-ROM - 90 Day Nikon U.S.A. Warranty
14 Day Money Back Guarantee (see FAQ Section for details)

Body only

Looks like that one does not have a lens. It would mention it in the "item includes" section if it had one. edit: tirediron beat me to it

This one includes the basic kit lens which is a decent lens to start with. You can get pretty close (not quite true macro) shots and wide angle. The D40 is a great beginner camera in your budget that you can grow with.

http://www.adorama.com/INKD40KR.html?searchinfo=d40&item_no=1

Most reactions

New Topics

Back