100% film 100% of the time

Looks good!

I was actually talking to a wedding photog team last week and they both shoot with film. One shoots black and white medium format, the other does color/B&W 35mm. They actually make real prints in the darkroom too, they don't scan the negatives unless requested.

So do you scan your film and work with it on your computer?

thats awesome! i love your work! i have dreams of becoming a wedding photographer and i love doing film, but is it harder these days to get cliental? (sp) Do you charge more since your doing film? How many shots do you take?

hm..went real fast for me, nice and smooth.

top notch images, jose! very very nice.

if you have flash the site is smooth.. sorry it was slow for you..

I shoot about 600 images with film and get the whole job scanned to high res since I m always submitting to magazines. Most of my clients get hang printed reprints at a later date.

do you print from the scans or in the darkroom?

Worked fine for me! Nice shots. It's quite the encouragement. Nice to see that film can look so good. (I'm new to photography and everyone seems to be going digital).

Really great images on the blog (I can't seem to access your main site at the moment)... and thankyou for the reassurance! I'm currently only 50% film and hoping to increase that as soon as I can get a darkroom again. Everyone now seems to think that all professionals need to shoot digital; it's very encouraging to see that's not the case. But of course it's not really the material behind the lens that makes a great image, but the skill and talent of the photographer - and you clearly have plenty of both. Please stick around :thumbup:

the film v digital argument will be about for a long time. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Very nice images Jose.

do you print from the scans or in the darkroom?

I don't have a darkroom or ever want one. Im too busy with wedding photography that I have my lab in Los Angeles http://www.richardphotolab.com Print and scan ALL my work. The scans are amazing and can equal or beat a digital file with scans upto 49mb big.. I stick with film because it's got a look that most digital photographers want to emulate with filters.. I ask my self, why not just shoot film? but then it wouldn't make the market interesting like it is today.. I love digital because it's created an amazing niche for us film photographers..

jose

These look great. Wonderful stuff.

I'm actually moving from the dSLR that I learned on (I think its a better learning tool and more cost-effective than a film SLR and a ton of wasted shots) to a Pentax K1000 and possibly a Canon P Rangefinder. It's nice to see that I won't lose digital quality scanning film (even though I think the majority of my film stuff will be b/w and I'll do the prints/enlargements myself).

My university has a film scanner that we can access for free. Can all film scanners produce high res tiffs? Will they be as "malleable" in photoshop as my natively digital shots?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back