100 Greatest Movie Characters

Oh, Cyd Charisse. Those legs. The small but very memorable scene from "Singin' in the Rain"

Holy crap, and what about Lina Lamont from "Singin' in the Rain"???

Cyd and Fred were absolutely amazing.

No Cyd Charrise as "Nina" in Silk Stockings? Or as "Gabrielle" in The Band Wagon?

D*mn! I swear I was adding Cyd Charrise as Fiona Campbell as my next entry but thought I'd gone too far and cancelled it.

Joe

D*mn! I swear I was adding Cyd Charrise as Fiona Campbell as my next entry but thought I'd gone too far and cancelled it.

Joe
Great minds think alike...
Or at least old ones.

D'Artagnan (Gene Kelly)

Robin Hood (Errol Flynn)

Frances Stevens (Grace Kelly)

Eliza Doolittle (Audrey Hepburn)

M (Judi Dench)

Anyone else notice how way male-skewed that original list is?

Holy crap, and what about Lina Lamont from "Singin' in the Rain"???

Oh Pierre! Jean Hagen was brilliant in that role.

Joe

Brigadoon!!! :heartpump:

Anyone else notice how way male-skewed that original list is?

Yup! See below:

^^Are you kidding? I was just wondering why he rates higher than Darth Vader or the Dude? Or hell, Citizen Kane, for that matter, who is up in the 90s??? I call bullsh*t.
And Blade makes the list at all? BLADE??

What about Linda Blair's character from "The Exorcist"? Or The Tramp (Charlie Chaplin)? Or Linda Hamilton in "The Terminator" instead of just Arnold Schwarzenegger. Holly Golightly (Audrey Hepburn) in "Breakfast at Tiffany's"?

Of course the list is predominantly male and biased towards action movies. The whole thing also appears to be an advertisement.

The Dude: Yeah, well. The Dude abides.

The Stranger: The Dude abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners. Shoosh. I sure hope he makes the finals.

Lisa Minnelli in Cabaret. Brought out the free spirit in a lot of folks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back