100 Post Round up

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by hyakuhei, Sep 4, 2007.

1. hyakuhei

hyakuhei TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    :hail: TPF :hail:

I joined this forum a little while ago after buying a film SLR at a second hand shop. I had so much fun with that little camera that I joined this forum and took an active interest in photography. After a little while and asking the same questions every n00b does I toddled off and bought a DSLR. I've had great fun with my camera and thanks to the help of TPF members I've produced a few good shots and learned a hell of a lot!

About a month ago I was in my local town and encountered an armed siege. I ran home and got my camera and went back. The police had set up a quite large cordon but again TPF came to the rescue, this time it was because of the advice I had taken on airshow photography - I had a 300mm APO lens with me! I put that on the camera, Climbed up on some railings and stayed there for about 3 hours! Out of all of the photographers that came along my shots were the best thanks to the position.

TPF members helped me deal with the news paper and counseled me on weather I should ask for money etc.

Thanks to the advice from TPF friends I'm now doing freelance work for the local papers on almost a daily basis - getting paid for photography is the best!

Its a lovely day outside so I'm going to head off for some artsy stuff but I just wanted to say with my 100th post .... Thanks TPF! :hug::

2. Antarctican

Antarctican TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hey, great to hear the forum has had such an impact on your photography!!! Thanks for sharing.

3. wildmaven

wildmaven TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    What a wonderful post! :) Congrats on your 100th post, and for taking the time to describe the impact this forum has had on you. A lot of people in this world don't express their thanks anymore...kudos to you for doing so.

4. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    That's great that TPF has given you so much! I feel the same way as you do! This place has done so much for me!

5. Glad to have you here!

6. Mike_E

Mike_E No longer a newbie, moving up!

The Upper West Side of Mississippi (you have no i
    Photos OK to edit
    :clap: Way to go!!! :clap:

7. Naicidrac

Naicidrac TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I just hit 100 a while ago too! I love this place!!