$1000+ Necessary?

CharlieOne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and I have a newbie photographer question. Basically I've been taking photographs on digital compacts, and I would really like to step up into the quality range of the DSLR's. I've got a friend with a Canon 5D, but that seems way out of the budget range I would like to spend. Should I start saving my pennies for a $3000 camera, or are my options under $1000 (e.g. Sony A100, Canon Rebel Xt(i), etc.) going to give me performance close enough. Broad question, I know, but I'm interested in your opinions! Thanks!
-Charlie One
http://www.charlieforcepaintball.com

There are people here who can give you a much more detailed answer, but the short answer is "Absolutely yes." You can get a very nice digital slr camera with a lens or two for around $750. Canon and Nikon make very good products. Have fun.

As you are just starting out in the dSLR world I would definately dont buy a $3000 camera! Really any of the cameras that are up to date will give you great images and some of which are under $1000. You should definately take a look at the Canon Rebel XT, Canon 20D, Nikon D50, and Nikon D70s... all of which are well within the $1000 range now... and spend the rest on decent pro-sumer level glass.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back