100yr old cabin in the Adirondacks

jbetz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few photos from my recent trip to my friend's family's cabin in the Adirondacks. Comments and critiques welcome!

4017648505_150c8fcc57_b.jpg

4017651435_b98115068f_b.jpg

4018413952_fb459e7580_b.jpg

4017652553_c7238a696b_b.jpg

4018411604_e90965e54b_b.jpg

4018412042_12a45bd7f7_b.jpg

4018411244_a8019d8b00_b.jpg

4018412658_95f3ae0a69_b.jpg

Very nice series. I'd like to see the interior shots just a little brighter though. I think there's some valuable details which are being lost in the shadow.

Very nice series. I'd like to see the interior shots just a little brighter though. I think there's some valuable details which are being lost in the shadow.

:thumbup: agree with above post, and will add that the first shot in this series is gorgeous.

Thanks for the comments and kind words. I'm still new to this so maybe you can help me out. I took all these photos in RAW format with my D90, and I decreased the exposure of the interior shots to decrease noise when opening them using Photoshop. Is there another way to minimize noise in the post process without darkening the images? If I had increased exposure while shooting wouldn't I also have run into noise problems? That said, the photos are accurate to the conditions at the time, and I'm happy with the way they turned out. Thanks again for the comments.

I really like #1, however the horizon is very slightly crooked.
along with number 3
Nice photos :)

The first shot is gorgeous! I think you could try increasing the saturation a bit though ;)

Thanks verticalization and SlimPaul. I will straighten out the horizon in those two images and try increasing saturation in #1.

Thanks for the comments and kind words. I'm still new to this so maybe you can help me out. I took all these photos in RAW format with my D90, and I decreased the exposure of the interior shots to decrease noise when opening them using Photoshop. Is there another way to minimize noise in the post process without darkening the images? If I had increased exposure while shooting wouldn't I also have run into noise problems? That said, the photos are accurate to the conditions at the time, and I'm happy with the way they turned out. Thanks again for the comments.

With your D90 noise will not be an issue.

Here it is said from another site:
Borrowing its 12.3MP APS-Csized CMOS sensor from the higherend D300, the D90 is the fourth successive 12MP Nikon DSLR. Clearly, the company has eased off the megapixel race, instead focusing on other areas of image quality, such as low noise at high ISOs and convenient features. And the results are impressive. In our lab tests, the D90 scored Excellent in overall image quality right up through ISO 3200.

With your D90 noise will not be an issue.

Well, there was noise in all of these indoor pics, which I removed by darkening them a bit. The D90 may have low noise generally, but there certainly was a lot of noise in these pics.

Any suggestions for how I could have avoided this?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back