105 years old and still ticking..

Parkerman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My father passed away back in November, and one of the things he wanted his kids to have was a pocket watch. He somehow acquired these over the years and I picked this one. I opened it up and searched the serial number up online to find that it was made in 1903.

447956120_VU6LL-L.jpg

Still works perfectly fine, though I'm not sure how to set the time on it [knob on top wont pull out or push down, and i see no spot for a key]

Anyways, as always.. let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Very nice... a friend of mine is a huge collector of those time pieces and could probably tell you a lot about it if you are interested.

Very nice... a friend of mine is a huge collector of those time pieces and could probably tell you a lot about it if you are interested.

Well, that would be awesome... What I really just wish i knew about it was how to set the time correctly.

If you would like to pass this info along to him to see if he knows anything... that would be great.

Its a Waltham, and the serial is 12541204

and here is a direct picture of the back of it.. I've linked it cause its a higher resolution shot.

http://parkerphotog.com/photos/447976236_VETvE-X3.jpg

Lovley detail, textures, DOF and colours, on both of them. Most importantly, nice lighting. Any strobes?

Lovley detail, textures, DOF and colours, on both of them. Most importantly, nice lighting. Any strobes?

Used the SB-600 on camera pointed up unto a ghetto rigged umbrella I spray painted back in the summer.. lol.

Jay, here is the information on the watch.

This watch was a very popular watch for the middle class man back in the early 1900s. This is an 18 size Waltham Crescent Street. It is an 1892 model.

The 18 size was the larger of the two Crescent Streets produced, bigger than the 16 size. An 18 size is more desirable.

This watch features an open face (you can see the dial without opening the watch) and is regulated using 21 jewels.

The movement is a full plate (you cannot see through the watch to the gears below, this is common for older timepieces).

I would guess that the case of the watch is 10kt gold filled or plated. This information will be stamped on the back of the rear cover to the watch. It unscrews counter clockwise.

To set the time, there is a lever on the inside of the bezel of the watch. You must unscrew the bezel, pull the lever up, pull the stem up, wind the stem until the time is proper, push the lever back down and push the stem back down. You must then wind it approximately 40 times counter clockwise then shake the watch gently to get the regulator going.*

The going value for this type of piece is the following :

Retail : 325
Wholesale (selling to a dealer) : 200

I hope this helps

Having something special like that is rare... enjoy it while it's still working!

good one..

Jay, here is the information on the watch.

This watch was a very popular watch for the middle class man back in the early 1900s. This is an 18 size Waltham Crescent Street. It is an 1892 model.

The 18 size was the larger of the two Crescent Streets produced, bigger than the 16 size. An 18 size is more desirable.

This watch features an open face (you can see the dial without opening the watch) and is regulated using 21 jewels.

The movement is a full plate (you cannot see through the watch to the gears below, this is common for older timepieces).

I would guess that the case of the watch is 10kt gold filled or plated. This information will be stamped on the back of the rear cover to the watch. It unscrews counter clockwise.

To set the time, there is a lever on the inside of the bezel of the watch. You must unscrew the bezel, pull the lever up, pull the stem up, wind the stem until the time is proper, push the lever back down and push the stem back down. You must then wind it approximately 40 times counter clockwise then shake the watch gently to get the regulator going.*

The going value for this type of piece is the following :

Retail : 325
Wholesale (selling to a dealer) : 200

I hope this helps

Thank you so very much, I would have never figured out how to set the time on it any other way. I greatly appreciate it.

Sorry to hear your dad passed away. Still, that is an incredible watch, and an incredible photo to go along with it. Lovely colours, and the background is interesting, but not distracting. Great job.

Sorry to hear your dad passed away. Still, that is an incredible watch, and an incredible photo to go along with it. Lovely colours, and the background is interesting, but not distracting. Great job.

Yea, it is actually a set of little screw drivers in the background.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back