10d Need reciept for warranty!!!

DIRT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jfreeman.smugmug.com
I am having backfocus issues with canon 10d and they say I need the reciept for warranty service. I have no idea if I even have the reciept. When I got the camera I was all excited and didnt keep track of stuff. I have a feeling im gonna get screwed on this one. Anybody know if there is another way of getting this fixed without a reciept?

The only suggestions I have would be if you paid by credit card, you could pull your credit card statements and maybe that would work. Or, contact the store you purchased from to see if they could pull a receipt for you.

Good Luck,

John Gilmore

fadingaway1986Or maybe some nice person with a 10D aswell might let you copy theirs?

I myself don't advocate this approach. To me this borders on fraud and could have some consequences if found out.

John Gilmore

I don't have a 10D. It was just a suggestion.

Basically the reason you need your receipt is you have no proof of whether or not it is still in warranty.

I am not sure if your credit card statement would do that - because it wouldn't say what was purchased on that date, only the amount...

johng426 said:
fadingaway1986Or maybe some nice person with a 10D aswell might let you copy theirs?

I myself don't advocate this approach. To me this borders on fraud and could have some consequences if found out.

John Gilmore
It's not fraud, but all the receipts I've seen from the camera stores have the serial numbers of the camera printed on them.

What you could do however, is print the receipt and invoice yourself. Lettersized invoice will do.
sexywink.gif

Most reactions

New Topics

Back