10D problem

M

MDowdey

alright gang, see if you can figure this one out...

i hadnt messed with my 10D for a couple weeks, and the compact flash was still in its little case, not in the camera. i charged both batteries and turned the camera on to see if it worked, and it did. when i turned off the camera and went to put in the CF card, it wouldnt turn on. i took the CF card out and turned it back on and it worked....

any suggestions as to what the heck is doing that?

**EDIT** I just tried reading the card with my card reader and it says there is no "disk" in the card reader. the damn thing is sitting there laughing at me...oh well. I believe it to be the card, what sayest thou?

md

Sounds like a bum card to me :( However, don't lose faith. I had that happen to me once and we just let the card be for a while, used a different one, came back a few days later and it worked. Sometimes electronics need a bit of a rest :D

thanks!!!

now i have to go spend all my christmas money on a new card. :cry:

md

MDowdey said:
thanks!!!

now i have to go spend all my christmas money on a new card. :cry:

md

What size card was it?

it was a 128mb simpletech CF card that was on loan from a friend. im sure PG will be pleased to know i killed her stuff. :cry:

md

Wow, you certainly have some wonderful luck, unfortunately for you it's all bad!
Gotta be the card if the the card reader can't read it.
So far I've never had a problem with any of my cards (knocks on wood) and that includes: One 2Gb Sandisk, two 512Mb Sandisk's and one 256Mb Lexar.
I just took a quick look at what CF memory's selling for and you can get a 512Mb card for about $43 (don't use Buy.com!) and that was a Sandisk so a new card shouldn't hurt too badly.
Good luck and I hope your luck improves in the New Year!

ceno baby,

luckily i got all the pics off of it days before it happened...pheww!!!

i have a friend who is letting me bum a card until i can get a big nasty CF of my own....

md

MDowdey said:
i have a friend who is letting me bum a card until i can get a big nasty CF of my own....
md

hehehehe... break my card and now I'm gonna send you another one to destroy... ahem... use. Aren't you feelin the love now? ;) :lmao:

Most reactions

Back