11 months

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey, took this shot this evening of my dog. He's 11months now and happy as ever.

Shot taken handheld

Aperture: F/7.1
Shutter Speed: 1/30s
ISO: 200

3764120246_a90580e8ea_b.jpg

As always c&c welcomed.

I was looking at your specs and your shutter speed says 1/30. I don't know if you're running IS, VR or something equivalent but handheld with a shutter that slow I think that's why your image is a tad soft. Personally 1/30 shutter speed is beyond my personal tolerance when it comes to hand held shots.

I like the feel on the processing of your shot though.

to me it just look like a snapshot with basic PP. I know working with animals is difficult but maybe schedule a photo shoot with him if you want to. :)

i like the softness!

I was looking at your specs and your shutter speed says 1/30. I don't know if you're running IS, VR or something equivalent but handheld with a shutter that slow I think that's why your image is a tad soft. Personally 1/30 shutter speed is beyond my personal tolerance when it comes to hand held shots.

I like the feel on the processing of your shot though.

to me it just look like a snapshot with basic PP. I know working with animals is difficult but maybe schedule a photo shoot with him if you want to. :)

Thank you both for your comments. Will try to schedule a photo shoot. lol. :lol:

oh yeah and constant light is better when you are with animals compared to flash.

I made an edit that gets rid of some of the softness throughout the eyes and snout. I can post it if you want, but your profile says no edits.

Mark

i like the softness!

Thanks

oh yeah and constant light is better when you are with animals compared to flash.

No flash was used. Pure clean free daylight. lol.

I made an edit that gets rid of some of the softness throughout the eyes and snout. I can post it if you want, but your profile says no edits.

Mark

Ok. I give you my permission to upload the edit your made. And please state how it was done and with what software thanks.

i really like this shot. some of it is a little soft and as said previous, probably due to hand held at the speed but the eyes are sharp and overall i think it's lovely.

i really like this shot. some of it is a little soft and as said previous, probably due to hand held at the speed but the eyes are sharp and overall i think it's lovely.

Thanks alot for your comment. Think the next time i'll do it when the sun is brighter so i could have a higer shutter speed.

I actually did two. One a little stronger than the other. Im pretty sure all I did was lay an unsharp mask on the original photo with Nikon Capture NX2 software.

3764120246_a90580e8ea_b.jpg

3764120246_a90580e8ea_b1.jpg

Mark

I actually did two. One a little stronger than the other. Im pretty sure all I did was lay an unsharp mask on the original photo with Nikon Capture NX2 software.

Mark

Thanks, it does look better sharper. Thanks i would try to replicate it on my photo to match.

I love this picture with the eyes and snout sharper - gorgeous doggy! xxx

lol. he is a gorgeous dog. Thanks for the comment

Most reactions

Back