12 Month old BOY!

JenLavazza

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jenlavazza.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I never get boys in the studio! He was so much fun...my 16 month old daughter didn't want to stop hugging him!!

4475545898_22ec11250d.jpg

4475545824_97acec33d3.jpg

Love his eyes! What did you do in PP to make them sparkle like that? USM?

Alright, I CAN'T be the only one thinking this...

"That's a BOY?"

I think it's the hair that's throwing me off...I don't know, I can't put my finger on it.

As far as your shots go, #1 is good, standard for what I'd expect from someone making money off their work, so well done :thumbup:

But #2...and I hate to say this....I really do...but Bitter is right. It's eyes are awkward to me. Too much catchlight (I think I can see each of the lights used as separate white dots) and it's eyes are bugged out. It's a cute candid or snapshot, but not something I'd hang on my wall if I were the parent.

I apologize if this sounded rude, I didn't mean for it to be. Just being honest. ;)

I actually don't mind the eyes. Looks like they were done in a brightly lit room. I like them a lot. Maybe it's a battle between men and women. I've found in our sales room that men like natural, no effects, and women love the effects/eye enhancements. Women are the ones who primarily purchase portrait photography, so I say. DO IT UP!

The ONLY thing I did to the eyes (which I did to the entire photo) was brighten and sharpen. His eyes are BLUE! I asked his mom too before I edited because children with eyes that blue (like my daughter) when I brighten the photo they POP and people seem to think it's unnatural, but she said she was hoping they'd be bright like they are in person because she can't seem to capture it in a photo and people always comment on his eyes when they're out and about.
I agree on the catchlights on #2, I thought about going in and darkening his pupal some, but I don't know if I should mess with it. I shoot using natural light...LARGE deck doors behind me, so that's the LARGE catchlights you are seeing. Some of the photos it just causes more of a sparkle look, but some of the closer shots it does look a bit weird.
Thanks for the c&c!!

You can still get the eye color yet make the eyes more welcoming by turning down the ambient light (model lamps/etc). This will cause their pupils to be larger. You still get color, but it doesn't look like the pupils are absent altogether, which I think contributes more toward the 'alien' look that Bitter mentions.

You can still get the eye color yet make the eyes more welcoming by turning down the ambient light (model lamps/etc). This will cause their pupils to be larger. You still get color, but it doesn't look like the pupils are absent altogether, which I think contributes more toward the 'alien' look that Bitter mentions.

That's a good suggestion. I have read that before, that larger pupils are usually more pleasing.

Alright, I CAN'T be the only one thinking this...

"That's a BOY?"

I think it's the hair that's throwing me off...I don't know, I can't put my finger on it.
;)

I admit, i actually thought that about the first one but the second one you can tell more it's a boy. I think it is the hair.... maybe the bangs?

None the less, i personally really the pics.

[from a beginner]

Looks awesome, one of the reason why I love photography, beautiful colors.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back