120 film scanner and processing

bluerangeriii

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey everyone.
im sure that almost everyone one here has upgraded to digital by now for at least commercial purposes. and i know a few remain loyal to film. my school has scrapped our color (film) photo classes and only teaches color theory and all that stuff you would learn but with digital. so it left me with out a place to process my own 120 film and make prints. im looking to buy a film scanner and just sending out my film to be processed. so my question is.

Does anyone know of a good place (united states) that does good quality processing and can push or pull if requested.

and i have been trying to look for a good quality film scanner that can handle larger photos than 35mm. ive seen them range from 200-10,000 dollars. and as of now im just a student building up a portfolio so i cant afford the expensive ones. does anyone own a film scanner and/or care sharing their thoughts.

any info would be greatly appreciated.

>>and as of now im just a student building up a portfolio so i cant afford the expensive ones.<<

Nobody can really make a targeted recommendation until they know how much you can spend and the quality level that you desire. More quality costs more money. Are you just wanting to scan to proof? post to the web? print less than 8x10? print portfolio quality so that you can get into grad school? Post more specific information about your needs so people here can help you with a targeted response. If you just want general information, then just do some Googling. You will find lots of information.

Doug

im looking for prints as large as 20x24 from 6x7 negatives. i mean ive googled and researched different ones but the reviews seem broad on user interface and ease of use. so id rather get a more educated opinoin. thanks.

Most reactions

Back