120 Film

Commonman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been using T-Max 100 and 400 film to shoot black and white with my 35mm. I'm now want to use my Mamiya 645 which takes 120 film.
I was hoping someone could suggest some b & W 120 film types that will give me results similar to the T-Max. I would just go ahead and use T-max 120 but my primary source for film right now does not seem to have it. They have Ilford HP-5 Plus, Fujifilm Neopan 100, Kodak Tri-X Pan and Ilford Delta Pro 100. I thought I'd just get a quick and dirty recommendation of a film made by fugi or ilford that's similar to the Kodak T-Max.

i have had good results with Tri-X, as well as the whole Ilford line of films...
except for Pan F+...for some reason it doesnt develope right for me...

I've been using T-Max 100 and 400 film to shoot black and white with my 35mm. I'm now want to use my Mamiya 645 which takes 120 film.
I was hoping someone could suggest some b & W 120 film types that will give me results similar to the T-Max. I would just go ahead and use T-max 120 but my primary source for film right now does not seem to have it. They have Ilford HP-5 Plus, Fujifilm Neopan 100, Kodak Tri-X Pan and Ilford Delta Pro 100. I thought I'd just get a quick and dirty recommendation of a film made by fugi or ilford that's similar to the Kodak T-Max.

Ilford's Delta and Kodak's T-Max films are broadly equivalent (i.e. they use similar t-grain technology).

Ilford's Delta and Kodak's T-Max films are broadly equivalent (i.e. they use similar t-grain technology).

Yes, I would say they are not only broadly equivalent but completely interchangeable. Also, it is easy to buy film on line. That's how I buy my 120 film. I keep Fuji Provia and Ilford Delta 100 in stock in my freezer all the time and buy it in pro packs whenever it looks like I'm getting low. As I look at the ads above the editing area I see Freestyle and B&H ads. Either one can ship you all the T-Max 100 you could need.

I was hoping someone could suggest some b & W 120 film types that will give me results similar to the T-Max. I would just go ahead and use T-max 120 but my primary source for film right now does not seem to have it.
While Ilford's Delta is an excellent alternative with similar characteristics, you can buy Kodak T-Max 120:[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]

[/FONT]

I apologize for posting the same question or thread under 2 different areas. I'm new and I got confused because when I went to check if I got any responses, I could not find my original post. I'm used to using a Mac forum where the user CP shows your latest threads. I don't understand why this user CP does not do that but maybe it's just a temporary glitch.

Most reactions

Back