128GB sd card on d3200

hamlet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm wondering if 128gb sd cards are compatible with d3200?

what does the manual state ?

Page 177 ...
Lexar Professional 128 GB cards is an approved card

On the Nikon website it doesn't say anything past cards of about 64gb.

On the Nikon website it doesn't say anything past cards of about 64gb.
Check the manual

it was written by Nikon (or someone they contracted)

but it lists the "approved and tested" cards which seems to indicate *one* specific 128 GB card

they recommend you contact the manufacturers of other cards for compatibility. Of which, they'll tell you to contact Nikon.

If you have any doubts .. why don't you just get 2x 64GB cards ?

dual card slots FTW!!

really though, i don't own a card bigger than 16gigs.
buy from a store you can return to and test one.

I think the d3200 has only one card slot.

It takes me tons of shots to fill up one 16gb card on a 24mp camera.
I can't imagine a 128gb card

For the projects i need it for a 128gb card is not nearly enough to be honest. I have done the calculations and i need a card that is at least 675gb, welcome to digital photography fellas.

For the projects i need it for a 128gb card is not nearly enough to be honest. I have done the calculations and i need a card that is at least 675gb, welcome to digital photography fellas.

buy a better camera

welcome to digital photography ...

Don't they like make sd adapters that connect directly to a external hdd? A terabyte worth of hdd would cover what i need it for.

switch cards. you need 6 128GB cards.

Don't they like make sd adapters that connect directly to a external hdd? A terabyte worth of hdd would cover what i need it for.
then why are you bothering looking at SD cards ?

But I don't think so .. I think they have a different serial interface and command protocol.
The older CF cards were SATA related though and CF cards go up to 256GB .. I wonder if the d3x which has dual CF cards can handle 2x 256gb.

but a quick check .. there are SD card to HD readers from ASUS ... you may want to look into that.
You'll probably need to bring portable power too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back