128GB sd card on d3200

I smile when I hear stuff like a 128 card isn't big enough.

I've never used anything bigger than a 16. I'd be afraid it would fail which they do occasionally, and I would loose gobs of shots.

switch cards. you need 6 128GB cards.

I think so too. I just have make it so that i touch my camera as little as possible and there are as little time gaps between shots as possible.

I'm shooting at nearly 8k resolution, a time lapse of this sorts will need a lot of memory.

I'm shooting at nearly 8k resolution, a time lapse of this sorts will need a lot of memory.

No need to explain, just be happy technology allows your memory intensive style of shooting. A few years ago a 16gb card was massive

Here is a sample of what i'm going for:

Last edited by a moderator:
Switch cards. Simple as that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shoot video, drop frames.

Don't know about the 3200 but the D90 will stop shooting after an hour to avoid sensor overheating.

Don't know about the 3200 but the D90 will stop shooting after an hour to avoid sensor overheating.

I never even knew that was an issue. I leave my little d3200 on shooting from dusk to dusk. Should i be concerned or put in fire hazard precautions?

Not sure about fire but heat is the enemy of electronics. It surely takes some life outta the camera.

Not sure about fire but heat is the enemy of electronics. It surely takes some life outta the camera.

The knowledge i'll gain from all my accumulated trial and errors will make it worthwhile.

Will you use up the entire 128gb in one shoot? If not why not save your shoots in your PC and empty the card for reuse since you'll still need the images in your PC for PP

Most reactions

New Topics

Back