Tighearnach

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi

I am buying a laptop soon and i know this is frowned upon for photo editing but i simply cant afford both and the laptop ticks more boxes than a desktop.

Anyway i am just wondering if a 17 inch screen would make a huge difference when editing in comparison to 15inches. Id rather save the money and save on weight however if it makes a big difference i may go 17inches.

Thanks
T

Only you know. How much do you travel? How much do you edit? What do you shoot? Do you need color calibration? What else do you need to do on a computer?

I dont know! That why im asking. JUst to point out, i am not asking about whether i should buy a laptop or desktop. I am asking about screen size and how much advantage a 17 inch holds over a 15inch.

I bought a 15" and regret it everytime I use it, sigh...

Partly because of my eye sight which is partially "fixed" with new progressive lens and party because some programs don't play nice on a small screen.

By that I mean the menu's on Olympus Studio only show one item, there isn't even room for a scroll bar... if I change the resolution I'm back to having trouble reading it.

Keep in mind I only use the lap top for tethered shooting, size and weight aren't a concern and buying small is my own stupid mistake.

Cheers, Don

Most reactions

Back