15 month old BW C&C Please

bellacat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wildroseportraitphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I haven't posted anything in awhile and really could use some good old C&C from the pros. This is a shot I took this afternoon just by chance. I would love to know what you all think and what i can do to make this one better.

thanks so much

2496966148_bcace6940b.jpg

I have been sitting here looking at this picture for quite a while now.

It took a while to take it all in and really see the image. Here is what i finally realized.

The bright light at the top is too dominating and really distracts from the child and the wonder element. I like How you can see the face of the child and the composition is is also very well done. The DOF is also nicely done.

The only comment I have to really improve this image is to knock off part of the top to change the crop. Hmm your photos are OTE... perhaps I will show you.

I agree, I think if you cropped it more panoramically (is that a word? lol) it would look better. For me it's not necessarily because the light is too bright, I just don't like how it's cut in half. I think if it was a nice round light it'd be better. I hope that makes sense:)

Here is my crop. I maintained the aspect ratio however I would have preferred to keep the space on the right. I think it adds to the wonder, etc.

2496966148_bcace6940b.jpg

here it is with more a panoramic crop... however it isn't a standard aspect and will not print well. It does have a better effect though.

2496966148_bcace6940b2.jpg

much better. I would prefer a slight bit more of the top chopped off, however then that would bring in the right side and lose some of the effect.

That is probably about the best the balance of the two will get. Definitely much better as my attention is much easier on the girl.

I like it!

thanks. I really tried to get the crop tighter on the top but like you said the right side was lost and there is no trying to darken it because the effect is lost. I can't wait to see how this looks in print.

I think I'd like it more if I could see the bottom of the little girls dress or all the way down to her feet. I'm not sure though.

I like your new edit. cute pic

Most reactions

Back