16:9

Discussion in 'Nature & Wildlife' started by Chris of Arabia, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Chris of Arabia

Chris of Arabia Herding cats since 1988... Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    [​IMG]

2. LokiZ

LokiZ TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hmmm I have been thinking more about 16:9 ratios for use on big screen tv and PS3 wallpapers and slide shows. nice to see your work in HD on a 52" or bigger screen.

I like the colors with this one. I kind of wish the focus was further back on the other middle flowers or not as shallow but that didn't stop me from enjoying the image. Also I imagine wind may have been a factor in this capture as long as the stems are on those flowers.

Thanks for sharing I enjoyed it.

3. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    25 or 6 to 4...Chicago... Chris, do you display any photos on a high-definition TV??? I only ask because I happened to have gone to a lawn and garden show and they had some floral shots displayed on a large Sony TV, and the proprietor told me they had all been shot on a 12 megapixel Nikon D90, and they looked just lovely and your shot kind of jogged my memory...and made me think of maybe starting to use my TV as an occasional photo display source.

4. LokiZ

LokiZ TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    yes they sure do look good on a Sony that is what I have too and it looks remarkable. So much better then the projected TV's and you don't really need to lower the lights either. Price wise they cost quite a bit actually I wonder, images would probably still look good on a 52" 720p as well.