16 year old girl

virenko

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My friend was willing to pose for me today.
What do you think? what can I improve?
IMG_0149bew.jpg

IMG_0163bew.jpg

IMG_0253bew.jpg

IMG_0254bew.jpg

IMG_0201bew.jpg

They look pretty nice.. They'd look nicer if they weren't shot under such harsh sunlight... Try it on an overcast day, or in the early morning or late evening. The shadows of her eyelashes on her face in 1, 3 and 4 are a little weird..those would go away with the different light.

The last two are nice. You have some pretty bad sun on the first two. However, I'm digging your comps here. Keep at it. :)

I know I'm probably going to get chewed out for going off topic here, but did anyone else notice how dangerously thin this girl is? In 2 and 4 especially...you can see every bone. I don't know how close you are to this girl, but you may want to consider having a talk with her about anorexia. She looks sickly thin to me.

yes I know, Im very close although Im 5 years older. I finally got her to get help. I have sleepless nights and tears in my eyes even looking at her, but thankfully she took my advise and is seeing someone now. I love her very much and I will do anything to help her and I hope that again someday she will we be the fun and happy girl she used to be.

Well, bowronfam, I must say that was the VERY FIRST thing for me to notice, too, more than any light problems or any composition assets these photos may have.
So, virenko, I am happy to hear that she has finally sought herself some help, she does need it by the look of her truly emaciated body.

I am not sure I like the use of a wide angle on the first, making her forehad HUGE, but I quite like her pose and your POV in the second (but that shows her skinniness SO much, :cry: )

With the light in her eyes, making them sparkle a bit, 3 would be really nice!

thanks, I want to make pictures that are a little different, Im not trying to make a picture perfect. When I was taking the pictures I saw the eyelashes, hers are long and I tryed to get a shadow on her face, everybody's taste is different I guess. about the sunlight, I have trouble finding the right light, I think they are a bit harsh to, although the last one was taken after 5 pm. Light is my struggle, this was the first time I used my new camera a canon 350D (totally happy with it :p)
Thanks for the advice I will keep everything in mind for the next time :)
Vera

oh my... she looks so young... like... 12 years! I think you should work on poses. sometimes it is better to have a whole person in a crop rather than to crop it too tight...

Rather than a critique, let me ask... why did you choose to use such a short lens for these?

And yes... I know you've already addressed it, but it appears the situation is at a dangerous point.... beyond "suggesting" help. Someone has to intervene NOW. She is not capbale of getting help herself. I'm scared for her.

Pete

I love that last one :)

I too noticed her being so thin, I really hope she is able to start getting healthy soon..Im glad you are being a good friend,and seeing that she gets the help she needs, I hope her parents step in soon for the poor girl!

For me 4 is the kindest. Try and use a more flattering pose and softer flattering lighting. Fill-in flash really helps to soften shadows - if you have the setting - about one stop under works well. The old 85 - 100mm lens for 35mm was the chioce portrait lens as it did not cause distortion which would be about 50-60mm on a digital. Start at eye level and then from slightly below the subject - looking down can be unflattering. Look after your friend and do your best to built up her self confidence.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back