160 Megapixel Digital

Who the hell would use that?

I know at least one person who shoots film with a 6x17. Price notwithstanding, they are the kings of panorama unless you count swing lenses.

I personally could not see myself pimping one of those, but i was watching a show on NGHD and they were doing these LARGE scale, digital photos, all in order to compare population v. water. They had the cam set up in the belly of the plane. The shots were awesome from altitude(at least what they showed) but I could not imagine using that kind of rig on the street.

I was going to edit my post to add dynamic range but got lazy.

As for future dSLR's I don't think this tells us much of anything. Formats this large will always be specialty items, and scan backs will most likely never be incorporated into any camera smaller than 6x9, if that.

I'm no saying that consumer cameras are ever going to be that size. I'm just saying there is usually a pattern of some crazy new technology coming out, it eventually gets smaller, lighter and significantly cheaper, and then reaches the average consumer.

I'm mainly just looking forward to a sensor with that broad of a tonal range.

I know at least one person who shoots film with a 6x17. Price notwithstanding, they are the kings of panorama unless you count swing lenses.

Film is one thing, this thing has a friggin PC ATTACHED TO IT!! WITH WINDOWS!!

Excuse me while it takes 5 minutes to boot up my camera...

..oh, lemme log off real quick...

:confused:

looks like a futuristic etch-a-sketch.

what ever happened to cameras being simple? remember the good ole "cam-ah-rock" that fred flintstone used to use?

Most reactions

Back