%#@%#@

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I had to restore my laptop the other day and had three weeks of shoots on the hard drive in RAW format. I failed to backup the RAW files but managed to get the tif's. I pulled a few up tonight and they look like they were shot with a .99 digital (640000000 ISO). The images, some of which I posted in the last month, are gone. I can't believe this!!!!!! Does anyone have a clue what went wrong? The tif file maintain it's pixel size.

Aw! I'm sorry to hear that JonMikal!!!!

I don't know anything about that stuff, so I can't help ya, but I can offer a :hug::

JonMikal said:
I had to restore my laptop the other day and had three weeks of shoots on the hard drive in RAW format. I failed to backup the RAW files but managed to get the tif's. I pulled a few up tonight and they look like they were shot with a .99 digital (640000000 ISO). The images, some of which I posted in the last month, are gone. I can't believe this!!!!!! Does anyone have a clue what went wrong? The tif file maintain it's pixel size.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Arg!!! Sorry dude...that stinks...maybe try chase's support forum. They can prob give some insite on what went on with yer cpu.

I'm so sorry. I'm with Robbie, try the support forum www.thesupportforum.com. Aubrey might have some ideas for you when he gets home tonight.

:hug::

I think there is a program out there that will let you pull your picture files from corrupted or damaged drives. I'm not exactly sure what it is but I'll go looking for it and let you know what I find out. Sorry to hear about you losing your pics dude and I'll try to find out what I can for you.

hobbes28 said:
I think there is a program out there that will let you pull your picture files from corrupted or damaged drives. I'm not exactly sure what it is but I'll go looking for it and let you know what I find out. Sorry to hear about you losing your pics dude and I'll try to find out what I can for you.

thanks Aubrey!

Ugh, what a nightmare! :-( I really hope you can salvage some if not all of your images, Jon!

Try this program. It's supposedly one of the best out there and made specifically for when you lose documents from doing a recovery operation. It's free to try and has gotten lots of thumbsups!

Dude, Bad news :( This is my worst nightmare. As soon as I download I burn to disc. I never trust computers because they will bite you sooner then later. Just my personal experience. I back up everything on my computer once a month just in case.

Sorry,

Eric

thanks terri, eric and all. ok aubrey, thanks a million dude! i'll see what happens. you guys are awesome! :thumbup:

that so sucks.. i always store photos on my external HD as well as save them to zip disks or burn to CDs, ive lost tons of photos like that :roll: specially when my external drive goes out :(

Definatly sucks. Good luck with restoring them.

Most reactions

Back