Status
Not open for further replies.

stsinner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my *****, Mocha. How do you guys feel about the composition? Bokeh?

Thanks.

DSC_0022_1317Large.jpg

Well, she's cut in half by a fence. Could of done without the thread title too, despite the fact that it's a legitimate usage.

I found the picture interesting, as the composition really skews her size! She's on a hill in my yard that goes down about two feet before meeting the fence.

while I agree the title of the thread is a lil mean,,any way the photo is good could have cropped the front some and the fence split the dog, but all in all a good photo

while I agree the title of the thread is a lil mean,,any way the photo is good could have cropped the front some and the fence split the dog, but all in all a good photo

Thanks for the compliment, and just to be clear, there is nothing at all mean or offensive about the title.

Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English bicche, from Old English bicce
Date: before 12th century

1: the female of the dog or some other carnivorous mammals

While I know that some use this word as a derogatory slight, I'm using it in the professional manner.

I was a lil confused about the title but it ain't nothin but a thang. As far as the composition goes, I'm trying to interpret the overall photo but it's just a pooch behind a fence. Nothing aesthetically pleasing. Just my 2 cents.
Btw, bokeh = out of focus light sources shaped by the lens's aperture. (Circles & Hexagons.)

The photo is "meh" at best IMO. The forward fence cutting her in half is a major distraction. She now has a steel post for a front leg. The tilt isn't a putoff because the vertical elements in the background are only slightly off. (could still use a tilt of .5° ccw). It would please me more if her front end was turned more towards the camera which would result in missing the brown eye.

The bokeh is working in the distance.

I'm using it in the professional manner.
:lol:

I was a lil confused about the title but it ain't nothin but a thang. As far as the composition goes, I'm trying to interpret the overall photo but it's just a pooch behind a fence. Nothing aesthetically pleasing. Just my 2 cents.
Btw, bokeh = out of focus light sources shaped by the lens's aperture. (Circles & Hexagons.)

Confused about the title? That's strange. It's perfectly clear once you see the picture.

Maybe bokeh wasn't the proper word.. I was using it like this:
Bokeh
(derived from Japanese, a noun boke 暈け, meaning "blur" or "haze")

Anyway, thanks for the comments.

The photo is "meh" at best IMO. The forward fence cutting her in half is a major distraction. She now has a steel post for a front leg. The tilt isn't a putoff because the vertical elements in the background are only slightly off. (could still use a tilt of .5° ccw). It would please me more if her front end was turned more towards the camera which would result in missing the brown eye.

The bokeh is working in the distance.

:lol:

Thanks for the critique, Kundalini. Good points..

Brown eye... :lol:

That is what "bokeh" means in Japanese. That is not necessarily what it means in photographic terms.

You can see instances of bokeh on the chain link fence where it is reflective, since "bokeh" is the occurrence of light in an unfocused area.

Is that a Mastiff?

Regardless, I think she is probably the biggest "wuss" in the world. Dobermans and Great Danes are the same...supposed to be "large" and "mean." NOT.

The best part is, she has the cool 'dog ear' going on... :thumbup: :mrgreen:

That's because she's crazy! She was just tearing up the yard before that picture, hence the panting and flipped over ear!

Is that a Mastiff?

Regardless, I think she is probably the biggest "wuss" in the world. Dobermans and Great Danes are the same...supposed to be "large" and "mean." NOT.

Yes, she's a Neapolitan Mastiff.

That's because she's crazy! She was just tearing up the yard before that picture, hence the panting and flipped over ear!

Yes, she's a Neapolitan Mastiff.
That's a neapolitan mastiff? sorry if I seem doubtful, but it looks nothing like the neapolitans I've seen before...not near enough folds in the skin and the head doesn't look big enough. How old is she?

BTW, the second I saw the thread title I assumed it was about female dogs. Just my two cents!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back