16x20 question

stang96mj

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok I have a photo that is 59.333inches x 39.556 inches and 72 ppi. I am putting this on a disc for someone to get a 16x20 print made. My question is how in the world do I get it cropped at the 16x20 size???? UUUUGGGGHHHHHHHH So frustrated!!!!! Been trying for days now.....PLEASE HELP!?!?!?! Thanks for your help!!

What software do you have?

For example, in photoshop you can use the crop tool and just enter 16x20 (and even enter the resolution you want)...then when you crop it, you end up with the shape & resolution that you want.

What software do you have?

For example, in photoshop you can use the crop tool and just enter 16x20 (and even enter the resolution you want)...then when you crop it, you end up with the shape & resolution that you want.
It is Photoshop Elements 6
also what is a good resolution for 16x20?

Last edited:
Elements has the crop tool as well.

So when you select the crop tool, you will have a fields where you can enter the desired dimensions (16 x 20) and also the resolution. If your image isn't huge to begin with, Photoshop will upsize it to fit the size & resolution. You don't want to upsize too much though. Normally, I'd use 300 PPI for printing, but with a larger print like that, you can go with a lower number, maybe 240 or even 150.

Just remember to 'Save As' when you're done so you don't overwrite the original.

Most reactions

Back