17 year cicada and a panorama sunset

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by his4ever, Jun 11, 2007.

1. his4ever

his4ever TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    All I can say is... Yucky! These things are loud (they sound like thousands of phasers being fired from the original Star Trek) and they were flying everywhere and squished on the ground everywhere. Very creepy.

1)[​IMG]

2)
    [​IMG]

3)
    [​IMG]

And now for some real beauty... saw this on my way to grocery store. Tried to do some bracketing... but I did not have my tripod. Thankfully there was an empty lot by the store so I was able to capture this without any powerlines and other weird objects getting in the way :D.

4)
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking.

2. greenbee

greenbee TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    do they bite ?

3. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    You were lucky, indeed, to get to take Photo 4 like you did, without any distracting things inside your frame such as the much-dreaded powerlines or anything else. What a sight!

We don't have cicadas here but I remember when I was in Texas the second time (Aug 98), there was a cigada-fall going down around the area of the restaurant we wanted to go to and they were everywhere and we HAD TO drive over them and squish them on our way to the parking area and it went crack-crack-crack all the time. Ugh.

4. astrostu

astrostu Guest

Cicadas were out when I was in kindergarden in Ohio back in 1988-9. 17 years later, and they were back just after I was home from graduating from college and getting ready to move to Colorado. I like 'em (they don't bite), though the second time they weren't as numerous.

5. his4ever

his4ever TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have never seen anything like this before... but they did not seem as numerous as I heard they would be... it seemed that in the dense state park they were everywhere... maybe it will get worse over the summer??

Thanks for your comments everyone :D

6. jimiismydaddy

jimiismydaddy TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    They get my vote for most annoying bug ever.